Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

The state of this from Premium Content PED.

"He said bad things really, they were just off the record"

Right in the club's pocket those two

PEDs a bad blert who reckons he's the voice of the fans.

The most non-independent voice out there. He's been getting freebies in various forms since at least 2004. The mystery of Bilyaletdinov's boots for a competition has never been solved. He's a sort of Chris Evans / Jim White nightmare splicing of genes

Fair play to him though, he saw the early openings with social media and online content and took it

Toffee tv is owned by redmen. Ped is basically an extended arm for a bunch of reds to make money out of other football fans.

Okay so you dont like toffee tv why bring it up then?
It isnt owned by redmen tv either they share a studio. In the beginning toffeerv was filmed upstairs of the winslow. On a crappy camera when redmen tv were in the studio.

Also if ped is so in the clubs pocket then why has he done numerous videos calling for the board to be replaced and for serious change in the club. Last year they were voicing the opinions of the fans with regards to the manager and howard situations. Stuff the club was ignoring.

You lot probably loved toffee tv then they went to patreon and were to much of a door hing to pay the £3

As a deluded optimist I wonder if this is all a ploy to get the message across that we really do mean business. When Rom does finally sign the new contract it will make agents and players realise there is something special about to start at Everton and, unlike last summer, they will be queuing up to sign for us.
thats certainly a possibility, there are definitely agendas being played out here, dunno what they are though.

Another well-written piece by our @The Esk below. Sorely missed by my good self.
While agree with most of it, I believe that yet again he fails to hold Moshiri responsible for the Board's failures.

Execute the necessary changes if you are in control Mr Moshiri...

http://www.theblueroomefc.com/2017/03/16/esk-lukakus-rebellion-part-bigger-picture/

The Esk: Lukaku’s rebellion is part of a bigger picture
16th March 2017

BIGGER PICTURE: Can Everton match Romelu Lukaku's ambition?
By The Esk

So in the end the villain of the piece turns out to be the potential saviour, articulating the thoughts of many fans with good grace, intelligence and a great passion for the job he excels at.

It’s been a remarkable few days, but over recent months there’s a clear pattern evolving. Let’s start with the General Meeting over winning trophies and not settling for being a museum. Then in early January Koeman loses patience with the lack of progress over the Schneiderlin deal, says his piece, and thankfully it happens. Fast forward to the last week. Both agent and club (in the form of Koeman) suggesting Rom’s signature is close, Jim White claiming there was total agreement, yet no signature?

Then bang! On Tuesday afternoon the news that Rom does not wish to commit to a new contract. Initial reactions towards Rom is unfavourable which is understandable given the anticipated signing and assurances it would happen.

Wednesday dawns and news from Peel that the Bramley Moore Stadium agreement is very close to completion, yet the most significant event in the club’s history since the John Moores’ days is still over-shadowed by the Lukaku situation.

Eventually late Wednesday evening, the interview is published. Lo and behold, Lukaku says what many fans have been saying for years. He’s not sure of our ambitions and the Board’s plans, and because of his desire to be the very best and to be a winner “trophies not goals” he can’t commit his future to Everton.

Now I don’t believe the interview is an isolated event – it’s been a calculated process. Yes, there are some that might question the timing, the potential to de-rail the rest of the season, but such is the clarity of message and desire for the best (NSNO anyone?) that few can accuse Lukaku of this with any justification.

I think bigger forces are at work – stretching as far as Raiola and Moshiri. Earlier today I was talking to some Evertonians about the motive for Raiola to be involved in the internal affairs of Everton. Raiola isn’t a “super-agent” because he’s a fool. He’s an expert strategist, a networker, a person who aligns interests of owners, clients, clubs alike (albeit for self serving interests). Hear me out on this…..

Football club owners and agents make money in two ways, through the circulation of capital within the football world, but more importantly by growing the asset values of their businesses (clubs) and their tradeable assets (players). Profitability in the form of the P&L has in most cases not been the primary objective. It’s all about growth, growing the asset value of the business. (Players on the other hand make their money in cash through their wages, but ultimately they’re commodities traded by their owners and agents).

Growing the asset value can be achieved by building a stadium, by achieving success on the pitch and the associated sponsorship rewards, but also critically by a constant turnover of players, most increasing in value through the course of their career generating profits for both clubs and their agents along the way. Previously I’ve demonstrated that even despite all the cash that’s flowed into the Premier League and the huge inflation of player values, it is player trading that adds significantly to the business model. All of the top 7 clubs show net player trading profits from 2009 to most recent accounts.

Raiola and other agents have a huge interest in continuing this “plate spinning”, ensuring sufficient circulation of high value players to benefit the trading clubs, their clients and ultimately themselves. It’s not beyond the bounds of possibility that Raiola is complicit with Moshiri in these comments and actions by Lukaku. A more competitive and higher spending Everton adds competition to the top of the Premier League, forcing our peers to spend more to remain ahead of the game. In economic terms there’s a huge multiplier effect by making 7 clubs highly competitive at the top of the division rather than there being 4 or 5.

For Moshiri, he knows for us to be competitive we need to retain our best players and invest significantly to our squad to give Koeman and co the chance to compete and win trophies, thus he’s a critical part in the overall continued monetary expansion of the Premier League to keep the bubble growing.

So where does this leave us? It leaves us with a clear message known by the vast majority of the fan base for many a year. Without a fully competent Board with an aggressive growth strategy, built on creating a successful footballing team winning trophies we’re not going anywhere fast.

It’s an old argument, it doesn’t need repeating at length here, but to almost all observers our Board is not up to the task at hand. Moshiri, has been with us for just over 12 months and we’ve made progress, cleaning the balance sheet, bringing in coaching excellence, adding to the squad (although not yet in sufficient numbers and quality), getting to the point of a new stadium, but I’d argue, as has Lukaku, has that been achieved despite the Board, not because of it?

The message from Moshiri, Koeman and Lukaku (perhaps also as a Raiola proxy) is that the rate of progress is not fast enough, we need more and we need it sooner. Each of these have at least one common characteristic – they’re winners in their chosen fields, they’ve achieved/are achieving great things. Their now very obvious view is that the other supporting cast, the Board, are not up to the task.

The case for changing the Board and senior executives is very clear – it just needs to be executed.
So who does The Esk think should be executing this plan? He seems to be suggesting that the man who owns 49% of the club and controls two seats on the board (at least) is powerless. It's nonsense. Furthermore, the idea that the putative owner of the club would use an agent to essentially belittle the club in the media makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. What is the goal? Surely a man of his means, experience and, according to The Esk, options to essentially buy the club outright doesn't need to resort to these kind of underhand tactics to reign in his minority shareholders. All this sorry affair does is make the club, and by association himself, look like incompetent fools. There is a cohort on this forum who would find a subtext in almost any event or story about the club to support the idea that Moshiri is some Machiavellian genius who is behind everything that occurs at or around the club and that everything that happens is actually some super secret plan that really is great for Everton despite often overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Everyone knows what is required, he should get on and do it. All of this is embarrassing.

If it's about money and a financial based release clause then why is this an issue? Was under the impression Mosh is minted La?

"Nothing will ever be the same" ?

Will Lukaku get 'injured' in training today, for the good of the club? If he plays tomorrow, there will almost certainly be some of our fans
booing him (For a good reason or not). I should imagine Big Dunc. will put Lukaku right because of his short spell at Newcastle and the
stick that he got from our fans. Koeman as good as said on Sky sports that he was going to give Lukaku a rollicking for his honest
interview. (In fact Lukaku said what most Evertonians think). Or is all this 'Stage managed'. Now Koeman is threatening Barkley (Publicly.)
to sign up new or be transferred, maybe Barkley wants to see what happens to his mate 'Rom' before he signs. I think that whatever
happens, all this chat going on, has already been 'Done & Dusted' behind closed doors.

So who does The Esk think should be executing this plan? He seems to be suggesting that the man who owns 49% of the club and controls two seats on the board (at least) is powerless. It's nonsense. Furthermore, the idea that the putative owner of the club would use an agent to essentially belittle the club in the media makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. What is the goal? Surely a man of his means, experience and, according to The Esk, options to essentially buy the club outright doesn't need to resort to these kind of underhand tactics to reign in his minority shareholders. All this sorry affair does is make the club, and by association himself, look like incompetent fools. There is a cohort on this forum who would find a subtext in almost any event or story about the club to support the idea that Moshiri is some Machiavellian genius who is behind everything that occurs at or around the club and that everything that happens is actually some super secret plan that really is great for Everton despite often overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Everyone knows what is required, he should get on and do it. All of this is embarrassing.

The usual sort of nonsense from the Esk i'm afraid.

What is he suggesting .......that Moshiri , Lukaku and Raiola conspired to send a message to ..........the owner of the club to spend money on players ? Hold on who is the owner of the club? SO Moshiri gets someone else to send a message to himself.......yeah right.

Lukaku has articulated what many of us think but there is a big difference.

Lukaku is an employee of the club and has no place trying to influence or put pressure on his employers.

It is nothing more than a smokescreen , a justification for him wanting out.

I cant answer for him, but I think the esk would acknowledge those points you make about it being an attempt to make sense of the current situation. I agree with you that there's a tendency to try and square the circle in looking for ways to bring order to a messy turn of events. But he does have a point in the sense that Moshiri still is a minority shareholder and others at the club do still retain some sort of ability to not only cling onto but even reinforce their positions at the club at board and officer level. I'm not saying I agree with the esk that this may have been a situation (the Lukaku affair) engineered to place pressure on the old guard to move on because the fans see them as the problem, but it could, I suppose, be within the bounds of possibility that Moshiri has realised that no chaotic event should go unexploited and that off the back of this he can take advantage of the disaffection to rid himself of Kenwright, Woods, Elstone etc.

I cant answer for him, but I think the esk would acknowledge those points you make about it being an attempt to make sense of the current situation. I agree with you that there's a tendency to try and square the circle in looking for ways to bring order to a messy turn of events. But he does have a point in the sense that Moshiri still is a minority shareholder and others at the club do still retain some sort of ability to not only cling onto but even reinforce their positions at the club at board and officer level. I'm not saying I agree with the esk that this may have been a situation (the Lukaku affair) engineered to place pressure on the old guard to move on because the fans see them as the problem, but it could, I suppose, be within the bounds of possibility that Moshiri has realised that no chaotic event should go unexploited and that off the back of this he can take advantage of the disaffection to rid himself of Kenwright, Woods, Elstone etc.

interesting, alot of it is guesswork isnt it..

HOWEVER...the missed opportunities do bear the hallmark of the kenwright regime dont they?

interesting, alot of it is guesswork isnt it..

HOWEVER...the missed opportunities do bear the hallmark of the kenwright regime dont they?
Personally I think this is down to a player who is determined to leave, first and foremost. However, he has shone a light on very real long term problems at the club which continue to happen under a new regime which has failed to lay down big statements on and off the pitch. I dont think Moshiri should be spared from that critique. He's the guvnor now and he carries the can. If the old guard are still a problem in terms of club governance then he has only himself to blame in not forcing the issue. Who knows what deal was cooked up by the old guard to cling on? I dont know. Maybe they do hold sway still in certain aspects. But his name is above the door now and the ambitious comments have been reined in quite a bit...we dont even get any feedback on the stadium FFS when Uncle Tom Cobley an' all are giving their updates from outside the club.

With everyday that passes it's looking more and more like a shambles to me. Moshiri needs to step up and take charge. He is floundering at the moment and briefing Talk Sport and SSN doesn't cut muster, I'm afraid.

Rom wants gone but due to what the club have said and the contract situation he's not getting gone so he's decided to go public and sour the atmos to force a move. He's no hero lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back