Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulis didn't play Beharinho.

Yeah - good example. More of that should happen. 3 years ago Berahino was touted as being the next big thing with £20m bids from spurs. He's not the same player now. Yet, if he'd have remained a little more committed to WBA, rather than leak to everyone he wanted out, he might have got his move and not wasted the key years of his career.

Personally, if we get anything in excess of 50m for Lukaku, I'd take it without hesitation. I just think it's a shame that he's trying to force a move rather than wait for the inevitable bid from a big European club.

Some perspective needed here. He has not signed a new deal with over two years left on his current, one of the best strikers in Europe and only 23, so we are in a great position, we can either hold him for another season, cash in or convince him to stay which will only happen if we show real ambition. The RS couldn't keep Suarez, Arsenal couldn't keep Van Persie, Spurs and Bale and so on. Realistically only Chelsea, City and United seem able to hang onto 'want aways', I still believe the acid test of our resurgence will be evidenced (or otherwise) this summer, but holding onto Lukaku will not be the barometer.

I guess all this stuff adds pressure onto Walsh/Board/Mosh to actually deliver this coming summer, which cant be a bad thing.

If, after the window, they can sit some quality players in the dressing room next to him, ones designed to get the best out of him/us, then maybe the dynamic changes a bit.

A bit like when the missus nags you about getting the garden sorted.

We dont need to sell remember. And his price wont drop off a cliff next year either. Stay calm.

Is it me, or does it sound like hes saying everybody we bought in is rubbish? As in 'we could have bought X, Y and Z but we ended up with this rammel'

Sounds a tad disrespectful to the players who have come in (to be fair most of them are rubbish)

Don't see Rom at United imo. Mou wants pace in his attack. Same with City. Gotta go with a manager that believes in strong centre forwards in their plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back