Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I don't think we should be held to ransom by any player. We have a plan, we have a strategy with some wiggle room but it's important it shouldn't be derailed. I'm a Lukaku fan but there will be life after him, indeed a new forward might better fit what RK wants.

If he's not prepared to sign then I prefer to move him on in the summer, the Project is more important that any player.

I guess all this stuff adds pressure onto Walsh/Board/Mosh to actually deliver this coming summer, which cant be a bad thing.

If, after the window, they can sit some quality players in the dressing room next to him, ones designed to get the best out of him/us, then maybe the dynamic changes a bit.

A bit like when the missus nags you about getting the garden sorted.

We dont need to sell remember. And his price wont drop off a cliff next year either. Stay calm.
Rom is gone. The only way he will stay is if a buyer paying the appropriate amount can't be found. He has a point about the signings but that's not the reason he isn't signing. I think it's naive to believe that's his reason. How were we supposed to sign players between late Feb and early March? Because at that point he was 99% so I assume our windows weren't an issue then. He and his agent wanted a pay rise until the summer and a pre determined release fee that his agent knew he could sell him for.

He's throwing his toys out of the pram with what he's saying, regardless of its validity.

...I don't think we should be held to ransom by any player. We have a plan, we have a strategy with some wiggle room but it's important it shouldn't be derailed. I'm a Lukaku fan but there will be life after him, indeed a new forward might better fit what RK wants.

If he's not prepared to sign then I prefer to move him on in the summer, the Project is more important that any player.

Totally agree. Love him, would like him to stay. Not the end of the world when he leaves.

The project will take a few seasons to get going. Expectations have been set too high. We missed a lot of high profile targets because we were never close to signing them. A club who had two consecutive bottom half finishes and is undergoing transition is not going to apeal to a top player right away. Never has a turnaround been so quick to take a bottom half team into the champions league in one year (Unless you count the miracle that was Leicester).

Nobody is bigger than the club. He said a lot of right things in his interview, but he was condescending. We know our history, we know where we want to be. Would rather the situation be clear, if he doesn't want to be here next season, go early when the opportunity arrives. We're on track with ano exciting project and we want people with faith in it, no uncertainties.

As a deluded optimist I wonder if this is all a ploy to get the message across that we really do mean business. When Rom does finally sign the new contract it will make agents and players realise there is something special about to start at Everton and, unlike last summer, they will be queuing up to sign for us.

Daily mail have lukaku agent going in to Man UTD HOTEL BEFORE europa match with Rostov with Man Utd Woodward
Could be Man Utd Bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back