Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who say we should accept about £60M for him need their head read. If Greizman is worth around 100M (touted as being what Utd are willing to pay) and playing in a shitter league then Lukaku is worth at least 80M or 75M at a push. If we got less then £75M for him I would be pretty pissed off.

No surprise that Rom is in the Belgian squad:

Standby for operation talking bolx to journo's !

Standby for operation talking bolx to journo's !

or will it be back to his arl fella spouting off again..............

People who say we should accept about £60M for him need their head read. If Greizman is worth around 100M (touted as being what Utd are willing to pay) and playing in a shitter league then Lukaku is worth at least 80M or 75M at a push. If we got less then £75M for him I would be pretty pissed off.

Two major differences between the two

1 Griezman has another 4 years left on his contract. In other words he is contracted to 2021.Atletico persuaded him to sign a contract extension.

2 In Spanish football part of the contract is how much a player has to pay to buy out hiself out of it. In Greizmans case that is €100 million

I am not quite sure many grasp the dettermential impact on a players value when just 2 years of a players contract is left or indeed the near inevitability of a player leaving when they want out.

I would be staggered if anyone will offer over £65 million indeed if he doesn't go in the next transfer window history suggests that very few of the bigger clubs by big in the January window meaning that if he doesn't go this close season he probably will leave, unless a new contract is signed, for around half of his current value

Look back to the whole Stones saga and all the bravado yet off he went.

I cant answer for him, but I think the esk would acknowledge those points you make about it being an attempt to make sense of the current situation. I agree with you that there's a tendency to try and square the circle in looking for ways to bring order to a messy turn of events. But he does have a point in the sense that Moshiri still is a minority shareholder and others at the club do still retain some sort of ability to not only cling onto but even reinforce their positions at the club at board and officer level. I'm not saying I agree with the esk that this may have been a situation (the Lukaku affair) engineered to place pressure on the old guard to move on because the fans see them as the problem, but it could, I suppose, be within the bounds of possibility that Moshiri has realised that no chaotic event should go unexploited and that off the back of this he can take advantage of the disaffection to rid himself of Kenwright, Woods, Elstone etc.
I'm all for Moshiri using shock doctrine tactics to get shut of Bill and Bob. I just refuse to believe that he orchestrated this merde sandwich in order to do so.

I'm all for Moshiri using shock doctrine tactics to get shut of Bill and Bob. I just refuse to believe that he orchestrated this merde sandwich in order to do so.
I'm with you on that. Its a reach.

But, as the saying goes, never let a good crisis go to waste. That might be the outcome from this. Lukaku moves on and the attack is deflected onto the people the fans have placed in the dock for inactivity in the last two windows: largely Kenwright and Elstone. I dont know. It's an argument I suppose.

I'm with you on that. Its a reach.

But, as the saying goes, never let a good crisis go to waste. That might be the outcome from this. Lukaku moves on and the attack is deflected onto the people the fans have placed in the dock for inactivity in the last two windows: largely Kenwright and Elstone. I dont know. It's an argument I suppose.

I know your not convinced by moshir, but tbh i just want some hope and optimism..need something to keep us going

lets hope it is elstone and kenwright and we are working at getting rid of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back