Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear I don't know where this narrative that Rom's going because the fans don't love him enough is coming from. Like anything we do or say matters a jot to the fella and he'd be here for life if we only adored him. It's the height of ridiculous.

Rom is adored by the Goodison faithful. He is our all-time leading goalscorer (in the Premier League years) FFS.

He wants to leave because we haven't got close to the Champions League in the 4 years he has been here. And we've finished in the bottom half twice.

Rom is adored by the Goodison faithful. He is our all-time leading goalscorer (in the Premier League years) FFS.

He wants to leave because we haven't got close to the Champions League in the 4 years he has been here. And we've finished in the bottom half twice.
I know he wants to leave and I don't blame him for it. What I'm saying is he's not doing it to "give the board a kick up the 'arrison" it's purely for self-serving reasons.

I'm with you on that. Its a reach.

But, as the saying goes, never let a good crisis go to waste. That might be the outcome from this. Lukaku moves on and the attack is deflected onto the people the fans have placed in the dock for inactivity in the last two windows: largely Kenwright and Elstone. I dont know. It's an argument I suppose.

The problem I have with this theory from The Esk though, is rather than draw up an elaborative plot involving Lukaku, Raiola, Jim White and himself to put pressure on those two, surely it would just be easier to bin them off?

I can't believe any sensible owner would go to such lengths to prove a point when an easier option is available. If that was his plan the I have to say I'm slightly worried. We need clarity not cloak and daggers.

If he's not happy with them, get rid of them. I cannot be doing with the inaction much longer. We should have got rid of Martinez earlier. Got Koeman and Walsh in quicker. Signed better players in the summer. Gone for VVD and Keane earlier in January. The ground stuff needs to be clearer.

Kenwright and Elstone aren't up to it. Keep them in position and no matter how much and money he and others want to put in, it will be undermined by them.

Need to make a deal with Lukaku- stay until send of summer window if we have not bought in 2-4 top class players then we sell him in final week of the window.

We got ascloseasthishere in his first season.

We are plenty close again this season and might yet challenge for it.

I'm just saying.

I think Everton reclaiming its rightful place amongst Europes elite was always going to be a long journey. Just because clubs like City fast tracked it doesn't mean it will happen as quickly nowadays.
With that in mind, a players career may not fit within the timeframe, based on their personal ambitions. I believe & hope that we attract top players who have the same ambition and ability as Rom when our ambitions are realised.

I'm gonna say the same thing here that I said with Rodwell, Fellaini, etc...

We hold the cards.

Not Rom. Not Raiola.

He's got 2 1/2 years left on his contract.

Everton will decide to when to sell, who to sell to, and how much to sell for.

Until then.....he's an Everton player. I'd prefer he stays. Best striker we've had since I've been supporting Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back