Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, but I don't really get their stance about the Club not matching his ambitions. Under Kenwright I'd agree, albeit there are obvious reasons why we couldn't compete with the big guns. But since Moshiri has come we've made pretty major strides if we're being realistic. We've brought in an elite manager, we've brought in a structured approach with Walsh, we've bought some real good quality in Lookman, Gueye and Schneiderlin, we're serious about a new ground and the debt has been wiped out ( or more accurately the debt has been restructured so it's not a burden any longer). And all that's been done in a very short period of time realistically speaking.
As much as I like Lukaku I'm not in the keep him at all costs camp. There will be suitable and attainable replacements out there for sure, and that's where Walsh earns his corn. I really don't run with this theory that it has to be a top name CL quality player....Rom certainly wasn't that when we bought him, and possibly isn't quite yet.
Oh forgot to say. Ignore their comments on the clubs ambition. Imo it's just a smokrscreen to make Rom look like the innocent party in all this.

Apparently according to gossip, his mum made him change his mind about the contract. Anyway I would drop him today but we don't even have a back up.

Been bugging me since it came out this Lukaku scenario.

Being rather cynical (or not) the timing seems really devious to me. The lad breaks Duncan's Premiership record and within the same week, the week that Joe Anderson drops another huge stadium hint, he blurts to the press about lack of ambition. I keep hearing he's a quiet, unassuming lad. Well, I think that's absolute rubbish. He clearly wants to be THE Everton story, not part of the Everton story. I'm afraid it's the all about Rom show, and that's why he's got that particular slug of an agent.
Don't get me wrong, we need a selfish, single-minded goal scorer....but we need one who gets the team ethic too.
His words were extremely carefully crafted to get the fans onside, but not carefully enough crafted to be seen through. He said all the things a lot of fans are thinking and aspire to for the Club, but this business about "there's players....playing in the Premiership now" quote is erroneous and purposely misleading. He needs to be pushed to name the names of these players we could have and should have got who are tearing it up as opposed to giving cryptic dross out to cause a reaction. From what I can see there's only Gabbiadini, and possibly Siggurdson, who fit his description. However, the man who makes the decisions obviously didn't want the former. Just maybe Lukaku doesn't like Koeman becoming a more important part of the project than him?
Koemans reaction in his presser was first class, and his account clearly questioned Lukaku's claim that he knows nothing about the plan. Take a step back from the fact that he's a very good goalscorer and critical to our team right now, and ask yourself..."would a top client with an elite agent not know about a Clubs longer term plan? And then recall Raiola spouting about the Everton Project on Jim Whites show.

It simply doesn't add up. I'm hoping it's all about the agent and his strategy for getting Rom the best deal possible at Everton and that Rom's just being played a little.

I hope he doesn't get the bird today, and I don't think he will. But equally I hope he doesn't do his naive arm waving crowd gee-up that he does now and then when he scores.....he needs to understand that the crowd IS Everton and that they are the only constant. And by the way, get your dollar on him for a hatrick....I have the same strong feeling I had before the Bournemouth game which won me some nice returns.
Sums up everything I think about his prattling on - excellent post.

I'm not sure that Lukaku needs too many details of the club's plans. The broad picture, fine, but with his poxy pustule of an agent also working with other players I don't want any whiff of the fine details of our program potentially in his hands.

It's not hard to put up a list of the clubs that Lukaku sees himself play at.

The question is - which of the elite right now actually needs him?

It's not hard to put up a list of the clubs that Lukaku sees himself play at.

The question is - which of the elite right now actually needs him?

Man u as Ibrahimovic might not stay, they must have cl if they have any chance of signing griezmann.

Chelsea, costa nearly derailed Chelsea season by sulking at Christmas and was dropped from the team and banned from training, righly will be sold this summer.

Man city won't

Arsenal won't

Spurs have Kane

Now no teams in Italy will buy him or Spain. Leaves Germany so that a no. Maybe PSG

But i get the feeling it between Chelsea and man u

Man u as Ibrahimovic might not stay, they must have cl if they have any chance of signing griezmann.

Chelsea, costa nearly derailed Chelsea season by sulking at Christmas and was dropped from the team and banned from training, righly will be sold this summer.

Man city won't

Arsenal won't

Spurs have Kane

Now no teams in Italy will buy him or Spain. Leaves Germany so that a no. Maybe PSG

But i get the feeling it between Chelsea and man u
I wouldn't discount real. Can afford him, and from what I can see benzema and Morata don't seem irreplaceable. Abroad is the ideal if we have to sell.

The problem I have with this theory from The Esk though, is rather than draw up an elaborative plot involving Lukaku, Raiola, Jim White and himself to put pressure on those two, surely it would just be easier to bin them off?

I can't believe any sensible owner would go to such lengths to prove a point when an easier option is available. If that was his plan the I have to say I'm slightly worried. We need clarity not cloak and daggers.

If he's not happy with them, get rid of them. I cannot be doing with the inaction much longer. We should have got rid of Martinez earlier. Got Koeman and Walsh in quicker. Signed better players in the summer. Gone for VVD and Keane earlier in January. The ground stuff needs to be clearer.

Kenwright and Elstone aren't up to it. Keep them in position and no matter how much and money he and others want to put in, it will be undermined by them.
I suppose if you have 49% of anything and others have bits and pieces of shares then you have effective control and CAN do the things you say he should do. But would he really want a ground war with fellow directors this early into his involvement? Doesn't make sense.

I reiterate, I dont think there is a labyrinthine plot cooked up between Moshiri and Raiola. But a crisis over the player in question is here and Moshiri may just use it to further alienate the people who (in theory) could represent the 51%. He'd be right in any calculation too: the Pavlovian response has been to start agitating against Bill and Bob not really Moshiri (myself and a few others notwithstanding).

All the delay and inactivity you point to is pretty hard to nail down and blame on any one person at the club so we need the share ownership sorted out - which apparently will be if we ever start building that stadium at BM dock. Until then the likes of Bill and Bob and Jon are useful fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back