Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone remember if RK was quoted correctly about 6 months ago that Lukaku was too good for the blues or was it just media hype ?
for me if Lukaku wants to break his contract in the summer as long as we get 90 million then he can go if not he stays for another season!

Are you referring to this article?

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/16076/De-R...bij-Barcelona-beland-Waarom-Lukaku-niet.dhtml

Translation: "His potential is greater and higher than Everton as a final destination," says Koeman about RL. An then some things about Barcelona.

it was just media articles at one time - thought it was a bit stupid if RK had said that - then we try later to lure him to stay I dismissed it all as the media twisting RK words?

No that was the literal translation of those words mate. I believe there even is a tape of it somewhere (could be wrong). I don't think they twisted something. Have to say though; didn't follow up on how this was reported in the British press.

He said:

"Neen. Normaal gesproken niet. Als Romelu tot het einde van zijn carrière zou spelen bij Everton, dan weet ik dat hij wat heeft laten liggen. Zijn potentieel is groter en hoger dan Everton als eindbestemming."

No normally not. If Romelu were to stay at Everton until the end of his career, then I know he didn't make the most of his career. His potential is bigger and higher than Everton as an ending point.

No that was the literal translation of those words mate. I believe there even is a tape of it somewhere (could be wrong). I don't think they twisted something. Have to say though; didn't follow up on how this was reported in the British press.

He said:

"Neen. Normaal gesproken niet. Als Romelu tot het einde van zijn carrière zou spelen bij Everton, dan weet ik dat hij wat heeft laten liggen. Zijn potentieel is groter en hoger dan Everton als eindbestemming."

No normally not. If Romelu were to stay at Everton until the end of his career, then I know he didn't make the most of his career. His potential is bigger and higher than Everton as an ending point.
That may come true, as long as we get the right money for him or better still he stays!

At his age and prime. I doubt very seriously we get our money's worth if we sell him at 75 to 100 million. I just don't see anyone comparible for us to slot in when he leaves. I am not feeling good about this at all.

Wouldn't surprise me if Ronald Koeman has advised him not to sign a contract funny how all this has happened after the Barcelona job has become available anyone remember the Howard Kendall / Gary Lineker thing I think lightening is striking twice.
Kopites alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back