Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't win without you attacking the current one.
Posted an hour ago...

You cant argue with this run of form.

He deserves praise for getting them focussed against teams like this.

6th is pushing the outer limit to what we could have expected this season.

That said, he'll be bricking it if we cant resign Lukaku. To have that player in the form of his life has made life a lot easier.

I cant take to him, and I never will I dont think. But hats off to him tonight.

...you were saying?

I think his agent spotted the danger that this season would see him priced way up by Everton and he's moved to make sure there's a ceiling put on any fee that releases him.
Yes that's why he has probably not signed his contract buy out too low - contracts mean nothing if the buy out clause is attractively low !

Why does every frickin thread on here turn into davek v the world?
Just so glad we finally have a manager who gets the best out of rom
Davek always produces good debate some like him some dislike him - he's a good debater on things about the game, always raises issues some posters disagree some agree that's what the forums for;)

This thread is an interesting look back
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/would-you-pay-£24m-for-lukaku.68402/

I thought he was only worth 18-20 but would "overpay" up to 24 to get him but that would be the max - good job I wasn't in charge of transfers lol

I'm fairly happy with my judgement on him back then ..

"I think Rom's a really good player, with a great finish.

He reminds me a bit of Rodwell in terms of attitude. Whenever I used to watch Rodwell play I felt that he didn't play with enough drive, passion, which would often let him down and mean he'd lose some balls he should have won, not be assertive enough in situations where he needed to be and it'd make him less effective as a player.

If Rom played with a bit more aggression and urgency he'd become a beast of a player. I think we've seen it in flashes, more so in the first half of the season but he needs to play with more drive. He's too laid back, loses 50\50 balls he should win, and doesn't run head on at defenders enough, using his immense power and speed to make them panic.

Lukaku plays like Drogba without the aggression, a worst first touch and less assertiveness. He's got the ability though, he just needs to change his mindset and he'll become top drawer. If anyone can get him to do that I think it'll be Martinez.

Even if he never improves other parts of his game he's worth the 24m because his finishing is top drawer and that'll always guarantee him a certain amount of goals. If he does improve other parts of his game we'll have a hell of a player on our hands. To me it's a no brainer, if we can afford him we should buy him."

He's scored more goals than Ronaldo domestically this season.

EZW1lhy.gif

Lukaku is definitely the difference maker in this side. That being said, there are other strikers around. But this current squad would be lost without him and likely Ross. I'm thrilled about how Davies and CL were playing today and their future is bright, BUT these guys wouldn't have the time and space they have without those two.

That being said, imagine mixing in 2 or 3 more players at close to their level in this side. Wow.

Andy Johnson isn't on the same football planet as Lukaku.

Of course he's not. That's the point though, maybe we can get away without a world class forward if the rest of the team can create clear cut chances. Perhaps his first against Bournemouth and the Man City away goals are Rom's and his only, the rest i don't feel he has had to work that hard for, another decent striker (say a Gabbiadini) could probably amass a similar tally.

Not saying i want him to go though and it will make next season harder if he does go, but if we keep adding more quality elsewhere we perhaps can make up for it.

I certainly do not see us as Lukaku + luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back