Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his agent spotted the danger that this season would see him priced way up by Everton and he's moved to make sure there's a ceiling put on any fee that releases him.

But he's not don't anything to stop it. The rumour is lukaku wants a £70 million buy out clause, so he can go in the summer. We arn't prepared to give him that.

So if he leaves, he leaves on his current contract which does not contain a buyout clause.

I will blame the owners if he goes because even though he's in his rights to move to a top bracket team, I think it is possible to get him to stay.

If we offer him a fat wedge but crucially get some high profile, impressive business done early in the summer then i believe he might stay. Thus far he's been sold a vision but it's not materialised.

Give him 2 or 3 players of his quality for him to play alongside and we can do great things. Easier said than done of course but finding a forward who'll score over 20 goals a season isn't too easy either.
WE HAVE TO SPEND BIG for him to stay in the summer. That is the only way I think we could convince him to stay. We reshape our defense and bring in another support player/wingers and he just might. The odds are still horribly against us, but despite the comments, I think Rom is a good lad. His agent is a turd if i'm being quite ball park frank.

I think it's too late for that sadly.

Enjoy him while you can. He'll be playing in the CL next season. He simply cant wait to see if we can get top four next season. It's unfair to expect him too, I suppose.

As said though: the best signing of the last 30 years. He has showered us in goals and we'll get about £70M for him.

He carries this football club.

He is contributing well to the club. But Koeman deserves lots of credit for turning this team around.
The defensive upturn this season is fantastic; were scoring more , creating more and winning more.

To say Rom carries the club is over the top.

His goals mean nothing if we were still conceding two or three every game.

But he's not don't anything to stop it. The rumour is lukaku wants a £70 million buy out clause, so he can go in the summer. We arn't prepared to give him that.

So if he leaves, he leaves on his current contract which does not contain a buyout clause.

I was hoping we could do some kind of conditional clause. So the release clause doesn't trigger until the 2nd year and only if we don't qualify for the Champions League.

Would sound like a decent compromise to me.

He is contributing well to the club. But Koeman deserves lots of credit for turning this team around.
The defensive upturn this season is fantastic; were scoring more , creating more and winning more.

To say Rom carries the club is over the top.

His goals mean nothing if we were still conceding two or three every game.

Great points there jinks. He was scoring a lot last season but struggled the season before. Yet both times we finished 11th.

Not to say he isn't outstanding and our best player, because he is, but he's still only 1 of 11. We are playing well as a team and keeping a remarkable amount of clean sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back