Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he's not. That's the point though, maybe we can get away without a world class forward if the rest of the team can create clear cut chances. Perhaps his first against Bournemouth and the Man City away goals are Rom's and his only, the rest i don't feel he has had to work that hard for, another decent striker (say a Gabbiadini) could probably amass a similar tally.
Not saying i want him to go though and it will make next season harder if he does go, but if we keep adding more quality elsewhere we perhaps can make up for it.
I certainly do not see us as Lukaku + luggage.
55% of all our goals from one source. Sorry to say Lukaku + luggage is spot on mate.

Didn't kiss the badge
Hardly celebrated valencias goal
Give his shirt away

The snake

Are you for real?

I'm guessing you;re joking here?

Yeah that be decent, or possibly separate fees for PL teams and teams abroad, higher fee for other english teams of course

Yeah, defo.

I think if Rom is telling the truth when he says he just wants more ambition shown then there's grounds for a compromise. I guess we'll find out in the summer.

Great points there jinks. He was scoring a lot last season but struggled the season before. Yet both times we finished 11th.

Not to say he isn't outstanding and our best player, because he is, but he's still only 1 of 11. We are playing well as a team and keeping a remarkable amount of clean sheets.

Yes. Taking nothing away from Rom who I really rate and want to stay but the way we are performing now is giving him greater chances. Were not the easy touch any longer and by limiting the opposition (in approx 90% of games) to little chances stifles the game, allowing us to get further up the pitch regularly and push on.

I bet we have scored more than half of our goals in the final 20 mins of games.

Teams which used to have numerous chances and encouragement are generally getting nothing now and Rom is enjoying far more space in the opposition half and chances on a plate than he probably ever has done.

I just hope he stays one more; we add a couple of real quality additions as I think this team has substance and capable of going somewhere quick.

But he's not don't anything to stop it. The rumour is lukaku wants a £70 million buy out clause, so he can go in the summer. We arn't prepared to give him that.

So if he leaves, he leaves on his current contract which does not contain a buyout clause.
Players rule mate. Full stop.

If he wants out, he's out.

I think he will sign, just wants promises we are going in the right direction.

He loves Everton and loves the fans and I'm in love with him :celebrate:

I agree with @davek. Our best signing in 20 years. We keep him (which we probably won't) and make a couple of significant signings and we are a top 4 side with a top 4 manager.

Ignoring any flaws or whatnot about his game the fact he has scored 21 goals with 9 games left shows how's he/us have progressed. Remember the Moyes years when our top scores would barely get double figures.

Mutual love with him and us. He's called us out on what we need to do to step up, and he's 100% right.
Don't see that. Think he's an amazing player but I think he pictures himself in "CL royalty." Don't think he'll be happy until he's playing for Bayern or Madrid. Love if he proved me wrong and became the heart of something special with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back