Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
15(1+i)^21=todays value of 15 mio over 21 years at an inflation rate i (UK's inflation on average has been about 2.5%)
so 15(1+.025)^21 = 25.19
so, 15mio back in '96 has an inflation adjusted value today of 25.19mio.

Obviously, football transfer fees have appreciated waaaaay higher than the consumer price index!!!

You can't look at cpi. It has no relevance to football. It's calculated on the a basket of things that would only have a marginal effect on football. Look at the growth in revenue streams at football clubs (or just the tv deal) to give you an idea of what shearer would be worth.

...it's disappointing but acceptable if a key player refuses to sign a new contract offer. What he should then do is say he's ambitious and wants to play for a club who are regularly fighting to win the Champions League. What he shouldn't do is disrespect his club by saying Everton lack ambition etc. It shows a lack of class and disregard for the club and it's supporters.

Shearer on MOTD saying he'll go for maybe £60m - £70m if one of the 'big boys' come in for him. He mentioned Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal. Obviously Man Utd and Chelsea can pay the wages (and more than us). But given Rom has 2 years left this summer and also that Man Utd paid £90m for Pogba, why does the media think it'll be £60 to £70m? Just wondering.
Surely a proven Premier league goalscorer is worth more than a midfielder? Just saying.
If he was to go for £60 to £70m at the end of next season I could see how that is a bit more realistic.

You can't look at cpi. It has no relevance to football. It's calculated on the a basket of things that would only have a marginal effect on football. Look at the growth in revenue streams at football clubs (or just the tv deal) to give you an idea of what shearer would be worth.
I totally realise this, but Mikey specifically asked for inflation indexed 'appreciation'. In football actuality, Shearers 15mio would be more-like 75mio

Absolutely Barkley suffered from it, and I don't blame him. To his credit, he has seemed to have worked on it and got over it to some extent.

Slightly off topic, but he has been immense these last few games, where are the rags' articles on him now?
Yeah I was thinking about that with Barkley last week then Talksport did a special on how he should get back in the England squad and it was full of evertonians calling up saying he's rubbish! The mind boggles!

If we sell him i think it should be for a record fee. He's still only 23! Bale moved for £80m 4 years ago and prices have increased a lot since then. I'd be surprised if there's a striker in the world who finishes better than him. His game has improved a lot this season, it's not just his goals anymore.

What goal is meaningful or meaningless is so hard to judge. Technically that might be correct about Hull, however if we didn't score a couple more and demoralise then who knows whether they would have mounted a late charge for an equaliser.
Those 2 quick goals against Bournemouth when we had our backs to the wall at 3-2 certaiinly weren't meaningless.

A change of tract by Koeman? He said on the MOTD interview that ultimately the decision on if Lukaku will stay will be made by the player. If that's the case, he's gone.

Season ticket holder of 36 years been to more games than you have hot dinners ive got no animosity towards lakaku but he doesn't want to be here anymore. Face facts he wants to be at a so called big club hopefully he will fire us into the champions league and then go and play europa league at a big club. My point is he thinks he's to big for Everton he is basically saying we lack ambition and the players he plays with aren't good enough. I've seen lots of players think they are too good for Everton. But they are gone retired and forgotten about. I'm still in my same seat in the top balcony ive had since 1982. One player does not make a team and if he was to Go tomorrow it would not make a jot of difference to me I want to see players commited to the club.oh I'm in the mons before home matches I'm the 17stone bald fella by the bar ask for ste and call me a kopite and I'll put you straight xx
Ironically I dont really have an issue with Rom wanting to move to a richer club. We cant compete with those big boys going head to head so we need to look at how clubs like Atletico Seville and Porto do it. They buy young talented players like Rom' give them

A change of tract by Koeman? He said on the MOTD interview that ultimately the decision on if Lukaku will stay will be made by the player. If that's the case, he's gone.

Not really mate, because frankly he's being honest, EVEN if the club retain hold of him for the length of his contract then if the players wants he will be leaving at the end of it - can't make anyone sign a new contract.

Players moving to big CL teams, for example Rooney went the Utd apparently to win trophies which he has done, but he hasn't done it solely off his own back there has been many class players their with him over the years, I bet one league win here would mean more to him than any of the trophies he has won. Then we have Chelsea and Man city who have bought their throphies through wasting millions on the way players that haven't really worked out, Torres and Robinho for example. How much really does winning the league mean to them players because the teams have just bought the best put them together to win stuff, throphies were almost guranteed . Then we have Leicester doing the impossible and winning the league, whatever happens in the future their players whatever they win with any other club,I bet last season achievement will top anything else, Kante will rate that throphy as bigger than this seasons ones he's likely to win at Chelsea. So to my point we haven't won anything in years,but are building slowly and surely with out wasting the millions like Chelsea, city and Liverpool (and Liverpool haven't even won anything to note in recent years) have over the years, I can't really see why players like Lukaku wouldn't want to hang around a season or two more as he's only 23, because I have the feeling big things could be just around the corner, and winning a trophy here and being part of the project I would feel would be a massive achevement for any player we currently have, it's not like he's going to miss out financially as we are offering him a good deal, but it nothing materialises in 2 years he will then only be 25 and still have a good 5 plus years to go to a club that more of less buys it's throphies. I feel our project is just a case of improving slowly with out making the big financial mistakes other teams have done, if you like we are trying to do it the Arsenal and Spurs way.

Ironically I dont really have an issue with Rom wanting to move to a richer club. We cant compete with those big boys going head to head so we need to look at how clubs like Atletico Seville and Porto do it. They buy young talented players like Rom' give them
Damn mobile. Give them a platform to perform. Cash in for big bucks and reoeat the process with another young potential star.

My issue us that Rom and his agent have manipulated the situation to suit their own cause tk the detriment if club and fand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back