Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not his best finishing day obviously but should have been let off the hook by either someone else taking a chance actual defending. He shouldn't have to score a brace in order to get a result.

Enjoy him because he won't be sticking around.. This season is already going down as an absolute wasted opportunity.

Never mind top 4 I honestly feel we should be challenging for the league with our first 11.

Enjoy him because he won't be sticking around.. This season is already going down as an absolute wasted opportunity.

Never mind top 4 I honestly feel we should be challenging for the league with our first 11.

We're not challenging for the league. You need every area of your team to be top quality. We might have great forwards but our midfield has a 34-year-old Barry (who might be experienced and intelligent in the game but he's physically slow in a physical league) and we have Howard in goal.

Challenging for the league?
I feel apart from Man City/Arsenal perhaps our team on paper is as good as the rest. Perhaps I've blue tinted glasses on at times but I genuinely feel that way, this is why it's so frustrating. Look at our back four and tell me who is crap there??? Yet all undone by a useless keeper stuck to his line every week.

Have a striker on a goal scoring run and we can't capitalise. I refuse to accept the pool or United/Spurs are miles ahead of us and have a right to challenge for league honours, whilst we should be happy with top 7.

Martinez is getting a free ride from critics and by many fans. Just simply underachieving in my opinion.

Don't be silly mate, without getting into the Howard debate etc, we are a million miles away from the calibre of goalkepper needed to challenge for starters and have a few players in the starting 11 that really arent good enough if we are being honest with ourselves

We're not challenging for the league. You need every area of your team to be top quality. We might have great forwards but our midfield has a 34-year-old Barry (who might be experienced and intelligent in the game but he's physically slow in a physical league) and we have Howard in goal.
I agree on Howard but think Barry has been one of our better and most consistent players. Howard is just actually who I always said he was. Crap

We need about half a dozen players in.

I feel apart from Man City/Arsenal perhaps our team on paper is as good as the rest. Perhaps I've blue tinted glasses on at times but I genuinely feel that way, this is why it's so frustrating. Look at our back four and tell me who is crap there??? Yet all undone by a useless keeper stuck to his line every week.

Have a striker on a goal scoring run and we can't capitalise. I refuse to accept the pool or United/Spurs are miles ahead of us and have a right to challenge for league honours, whilst we should be happy with top 7.

Martinez is getting a free ride from critics and by many fans. Just simply underachieving in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back