Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just passing this on, briefly. ESPN panel of Craig Burley, Brian McBride and Steve Nichol discussing Rom. Burley and McBride full
of praise. Nichol 'No he isn't world class. He's an Everton player. He wouldn't play for Man City, Arsenal, Utd or Liverpool. He's with a
second tier club where he gets more space because other clubs don't put as much pressure on them as top tier clubs. He doesn't
compare with Sturridge' ( who Nichol said was a waste of money when L'pool signed him.)

There's more, but you get my drift.

Just passing this on, briefly. ESPN panel of Craig Burley, Brian McBride and Steve Nichol discussing Rom. Burley and McBride full
of praise. Nichol 'No he isn't world class. He's an Everton player. He wouldn't play for Man City, Arsenal, Utd or Liverpool. He's with a
second tier club where he gets more space because other clubs don't put as much pressure on them as top tier clubs. He doesn't
compare with Sturridge' ( who Nichol said was a waste of money when L'pool signed him.)

Hahaha, how do these fools get media careers. He's not permanently crocked so of course there can be no comparison to sturridge.

No matter what football subject is getting discussed kopites have to bring "Liverpool Football Club" into it.

His positioning for the last kick of that match was superb, if Kone had had his head up for the pass Rom would not have missed. He seems to find himself in so many dangerous positions when Kone plays. If Kone were 5 years younger and they could develop a partnership...dirty thoughts. Seriously, how much better a signing would that be than a keeper, Howard never lets in 5. Lukaku's touch, especially in this last match was a massive improvement from last year. Let's hope it keeps up!

We're the bitter ones though.

hahahaha what an idiot. danny ings is world class because he plays for liverpool! i love the way they constantly believe they're ahead of teams like us and spurs, with nothing in the last 5 or so years to back them up.

Hahaha that's fantastic. They do our work for us by making themselves look conceited and one eyed. Long may they continue.

The most famous photo ever took of Steve Nicol is him helplessly tracking Michael Thomas for the best goal I've ever seen in 1989.

Well done Ste lid, you ginger shithouse failure.

Let's hope he doesn't get injured.

www.theguardian.com
Everton’s Roberto Martínez has no burnout fears over Romelu Lukaku

Romelu Lukaku scored his 50th goal for Everton last time out and Roberto Martínez is sure there will be many more. The striker has appeared in every game this season and despite a busy festive schedule, and a daunting fixture list in January, his manager has no plans to rest him.

“When you are 22 years old and enjoying your football, you can’t wait for the next game,” Martínez said, before Saturday’s visit to Norwich City. “The players you need to be careful with are those around 28, 29 or 30. We have a few of those, and you have to measure their recovery times really well, but players who are 21 or 22 can recover in 12 hours because they’ve got so much energy.”

at Newcastle United. At the time the manager called it a rest but now says he lost his place. Either way, Lukaku was not happy about it.

“That period was tough for him, he wasn’t enjoying his football, he was physically catching up, so I dropped him for the Newcastle game,” Martínez explained. “He didn’t like it one bit, though from that point on there was a mindset change. He suddenly started to think: ‘I need to fight for my place’ instead of: ‘I need to win a game.’ From the moment he lost his place he became very clear about his priorities and now he looks fresh in every game. That is all young players need – to be enjoying their football. I think last season was tough for Ross Barkley, too, at times but he’s learned from the experience and now the pure enjoyment is back. Those players don’t need to be rested.”

Martínez is not only relaxed about next month’s transfer window – “We never lose anyone in January unless it is someone who hasn’t been playing and we need to find a solution” – he is unperturbed about the prospect of three meetings with Manchester City next month. One in the league, the other two in Capital One Cup semi-finals. “We thought it was going to be four before the FA Cup draw was made,” he joked. “It is a tough schedule but for the right reasons. We want to be involved in big games like that but the focus we have now is the next 12 points in the league. We have four league games before we go into the semi-final and that period is going to be vital.”

Let's hope he doesn't get injured.

www.theguardian.com
Everton’s Roberto Martínez has no burnout fears over Romelu Lukaku

Romelu Lukaku scored his 50th goal for Everton last time out and Roberto Martínez is sure there will be many more. The striker has appeared in every game this season and despite a busy festive schedule, and a daunting fixture list in January, his manager has no plans to rest him.

“When you are 22 years old and enjoying your football, you can’t wait for the next game,” Martínez said, before Saturday’s visit to Norwich City. “The players you need to be careful with are those around 28, 29 or 30. We have a few of those, and you have to measure their recovery times really well, but players who are 21 or 22 can recover in 12 hours because they’ve got so much energy.”

at Newcastle United. At the time the manager called it a rest but now says he lost his place. Either way, Lukaku was not happy about it.

“That period was tough for him, he wasn’t enjoying his football, he was physically catching up, so I dropped him for the Newcastle game,” Martínez explained. “He didn’t like it one bit, though from that point on there was a mindset change. He suddenly started to think: ‘I need to fight for my place’ instead of: ‘I need to win a game.’ From the moment he lost his place he became very clear about his priorities and now he looks fresh in every game. That is all young players need – to be enjoying their football. I think last season was tough for Ross Barkley, too, at times but he’s learned from the experience and now the pure enjoyment is back. Those players don’t need to be rested.”

Martínez is not only relaxed about next month’s transfer window – “We never lose anyone in January unless it is someone who hasn’t been playing and we need to find a solution” – he is unperturbed about the prospect of three meetings with Manchester City next month. One in the league, the other two in Capital One Cup semi-finals. “We thought it was going to be four before the FA Cup draw was made,” he joked. “It is a tough schedule but for the right reasons. We want to be involved in big games like that but the focus we have now is the next 12 points in the league. We have four league games before we go into the semi-final and that period is going to be vital.”
Could you post again mate please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back