Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to his age, goalscoring and media profile i think the PSGs and Real Madrid's will be looking at him...his record and development are insane.

I think were looking at Suarez type money and even then would we sell? The new TV deal may even mean that the finishing place in the league is worth more to us than the money.

Due to his age, goalscoring and media profile i think the PSGs and Real Madrid's will be looking at him...his record and development are insane.

I think were looking at Suarez type money and even then would we sell? The new TV deal may even mean that the finishing place in the league is worth more to us than the money.

For £70mil??? Yes, yes we would.

But nah, not yet. I think he's brilliant, but his current market value is probably £40mil. I'd say he's worth more to us, though.

Just read on the LFC/BBC sport website that Rom gets tips from Drogba by phone and text.

It seems the coaching, confidence and guidance from Big Dunc has been wasted,

Silly little Everton thinking have a great striker when it's really down to Chelsea striker coaching him along.

BBC Muppets. what next triple swoop by Chelsea for Rom, Stones and Ross to rescue their season?

Fume

Just read on the LFC/BBC sport website that Rom gets tips from Drogba by phone and text.

Silly little Everton thinking have a great striker when it's really down to Chelsea striker coaching him along.

BBC Muppets. what next triple swoop by Chelsea for Rom, Stones and Ross to rescue their season?

Fume
Think you're being a bit defensive. Rom had personally said many times even before this story that he's close with Drogba and idolized him, it's not fake media crap, rom said it himself haha you can have multiple influences in your career development

Fume
Why the fume?

Drogba is a superb player and was a great leader off pitch. Of course he isn't giving Rom daily coaching or responsible for all the development of his game but if he's happy to chat with Rom about areas he can improve personally I'm delighted and happy for it to be acknowledged.

Fume

Oh no, one of the best ever Premier League strikers is giving one of our players advice.

Think you're being a bit defensive. Rom had personally said many times even before this story that he's close with Drogba and idolized him, it's not fake media crap, rom said it himself haha you can have multiple influences in your career development

Thanks,

but still fume

Fume
Dirty little secret, Drogba wasn't all that. Yes he showed up when it counted and he had that ridiculous 09-10 season but Lukaku has the ability to have a better career.

Wilmots doesn't seem to get the best out of many of his players tbh, Hazard often looks poor for his national team as well.
Wilmots is tactically inept. Belgium really ought to get a foreign coach in but their FA won't do that and their golden generation will be wasted.

I don't think there's any doubt Drogba is one of the last decade's best strikers. Just because Rom could hypothetically have a better allround career is no reason to make Drog "not all that". No matter the goal record and so on, Drogba had a beastly shot on him, freekicks and finishes, incredible strength, headers, link up and hold up play, the lot. Most importantly, lad played with proper spirit, which is quite the rarity these days. You know, Spirit. Big S. Leading from the front, pushing for the win, spurring team-mates on and shitting on the opposition's nerves. Tim Cahill has the same quality, like. Not everyone deserves to be called Talismanic, eh?

Anyway, i don't think we will be in a hurry to sell Rom. He might push the club for a move next summer, but that depends on other factors. Seeing how Benzema is in a bit of a mess at the moment, i can see him finally moving to Arsenal or something and RM splurging upward of £60m for Rom sometime. It's possible. But ideally, i see Rom staying for the whole 16/17 season as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back