Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want us to sell our prized assets, but if we can keep them on long term contracts, it is comforting to know that we can command some extortionate fees !!

It wasn't - we had players sold under us at the last minute, like Arteta.

If Stones goes, he'll go early. There's no way we'll sell him last minute.

Arteta wanted to go, same with Rooney and Lescott. That's 3 players in 11 years hardly the "losing players every season" you claimed.

If the monies right and the player wants out no club refuses.

Arteta wanted to go, same with Rooney and Lescott. That's 3 players in 11 years hardly the "losing players every season" you claimed.

If the monies right and the player wants out no club refuses.

Stones wanted to go. He handed in a transfer request. The bid was there. We refused.

See Berahino also. Clubs no longer sell late if they don't have to. We'll sell on our terms if we do, not the players.

As I said "if the monies right".

The fee was irrelevant when we turned the Stones bid down. He became "not for sale", because regardless of the fee (beyond something truly daft) it would not have been on our terms to sell.

We will no longer sell a player unless it is on our terms, it's as simple as that.

Stones wanted to go. He handed in a transfer request. The bid was there. We refused.

See Berahino also. Clubs no longer sell late if they don't have to. We'll sell on our terms if we do, not the players.

don't forget naismith. no way we would have rejected that if it was at the start of the window.

The fee was irrelevant when we turned the Stones bid down. He became "not for sale", because regardless of the fee (beyond something truly daft) it would not have been on our terms to sell.

We will no longer sell a player unless it is on our terms, it's as simple as that.
We only got away with that stance due to the lads character.

He accepted the clubs position and got on with it, and credit to him for doing so.

However, if was a Sterling type character he'd have gone. Also, look at Berahino at WBA, they forced him to stay and he's had his head up his arse ever since and looks a shadow of the player he was last season.

There is no way we sell him unless a spectacular bid comes in. People are stuck in this mindset from the Moyes era of losing players every season - since Martinez arrived, we haven't lost any important player in any window, barring Fellaini but in that instance he wanted rid anyway.

It'll take north of £50m for Lukaku and £40m for Stones to get a reply from us at the moment, convinced of it. I stick with what I said about Stones in the summer - we'd have been lunatics to sell him then for the fees offered, and we'd be lunatics now.

Stones may go, but it'll be on our terms and we'll be well compensated for it.

I was thinking of the point you have raised. We have two players whose combined value is 90 to 100 mill perhaps more if we really dug our heels in. But it is our board that worries me when they see the likes of these valuations or when offers start coming in.

Yes, and thats true of many more clubs since the TV money got silly.It is players wages that will soon become the driving force of transfers, rather than the fee involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back