Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will see. I see only three outcomes and each one will be on Evertons terms not his.
1. He signs a new contract with no release clause or one that we choose not him
2. He goes this Summer for a fee we are happy with (higher than what they wanted inserted into a new contract)
3. And most unlikely, he runs his contract down a further year, which means we get another year out of him and he goes next summer (I think this is least likely because he won't want another 12 months at £70k PW)
This. Everton hold all the cards here.

I did say it would all be short term PR if it did come about that he agrees an extension.
I said that a few weeks ago too, that if Everton were going to accept their terms it'd be marketed by Kenwright as a master stroke until they embarrassed us by selling him in the Summer. But that's the old Everton, no way are we going to get pushed around by a motor mouthed agent and Lukaku. If he's signs he'll be here this time next year, I'll bet my account on it.

I said that a few weeks ago too, that if Everton were going to accept their terms it'd be marketed by Kenwright as a master stroke until they embarrassed us by selling him in the Summer. But that's the old Everton, no way are we going to get pushed around by a motor mouthed agent and Lukaku. If he's signs he'll be here this time next year, I'll bet my account on it.
There's a new Everton?

Don't forget it was this ambition that helped us get him in the first place, because Chelsea bench wasn't good enough for him, so really what he is saying now hasn't changed, can't really hold it against him since we got the benefit of it.
It's not like he isn't trying for us or has bad mouthed us, I don't have a robles with what he has said

"The decision has been made" *winks*

https://www.rtbf.be/auvio/detail_romelu-lukaku-j-ai-passe-un-cap-avec-les-diables?id=2197737

This interview is more complete talks a lot about Everton (I also think @davek will enjoy it).

Interviewer: I am bit overawed because I'm talking to the leading goalscorer in England:
RL: You don't have to be (laughs coyly)
IW: It's a good time for you in your career; your progression, the fact that you're leading the goalscorer charts. Is this something you dreamt about since you were little?
RL: Yes but it's more important to be top of the charts at the end. I think that for me, I want to try doing something good with my club (Everton) and try finishing the season in the best manner. I want to finish as close as possible to the fourth place. It won't be easy but it's a nice challenge. I'm going to give my all.

Interviewer: They say that your club (Everton) is a bit too small for you
RL: That's the opinion of people. I focus on what happens on the field. I think that atm everything is going very well and that the club is playing well and we're getting good results. I think we should try to improve like the bigger clubs, but I know that the manager (Koeman) is trying to create a plan about how we are supposed to do that.
IW: Is the success of Everton linked to your success.
RL: I try to help the team the best I can; goals, assists, good actions. Atm this is going well. We have to continue working and improving.
IW: What you've been doing for the last years. 2016 was an incredible year for you, what has changed ?
RL: Well for one year; I'd been working really hard with Roberto Martinez on different aspects tactical, technical stuff and that resulted in that good year. I started learning and understanding certain things. 2016 very good 25 goals (too much stats). Then there was Koeman who's very demanding and places a lot of importance on discipline. Atm it's going well. I am happy.
IW: Did Martinez play an important role in your career and evolution?
RL: Very important, because when I had to leave Chelsea he was one of the first coaches to contact me, and was ready to pay the 35 mil € to bring me to Everton. I was often criticized in my first year but now it's been three years since I am at Everton and I think everyone in Everton is happy that he bought me because atm everything is going well. I'm in the process of doing good stuff for the club. It's a shame he left but now I see him at the national team. I am very happy.
IW: But you want the Champions league, and not only in video-games eh.
RL: No no no, but that will be the next step, but everything in it's time. At this moment I have to try finishing the season in the best possible manner with my club. I have to give everything for my club, for the supporters of Everton who deserve this.
Until 3.50; short national team intermezzo.

RL: My progress at Everton really helped me with the national team (what he said before about the tactical stuff and all)
RL: I don't change how I am; there are players who talk a lot in the dressing room. I am not like that, (at Everton and the national team). I am more someone who does his talking on the field; helping the the team. Being decisive and when the team is under pressure I try being the pivot and scoring goals

IW: You're like an American when it comes to ambition; you openly show it and say it.
RL: Yes I am not afraid to show ambition because I am a guy who works very hard.
IW: What's your ambition?
RL: Winning titles. That's why I play football; not scoring 500 goals and winning no titles.
IW: Becoming the best no9 on the field?
RL: Yes that's my ambition. That's the most beautiful challenge in football, knowing there are better players than you and trying to become better than them.
IW: Who's the best attacker; he who scores the most, or the most complete one? Or the one who decides the match?
RL: He who scores the most, who is there in the big games (he says: people often forget that) and who is the most complete
IW: Are you getting close to that?
RL: Yes but I still have to continue working a lot and be focused on the field and during training. But for me the most important part is winning the most trophies.

Quick translation; left out stuff that is limited to the national team.

A Harry Cattrick in the derby match, and let's get around £75,000,000, for him in the Summer.

Deposit down on the new stadium, and it's Naisse and Dom up front next season.:p

We will see. I see only three outcomes and each one will be on Evertons terms not his.
1. He signs a new contract with no release clause or one that we choose not him
2. He goes this Summer for a fee we are happy with (higher than what they wanted inserted into a new contract)
3. And most unlikely, he runs his contract down a further year, which means we get another year out of him and he goes next summer (I think this is least likely because he won't want another 12 months at £70k PW)

That's an amazing sentence when you think about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back