Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he goes, he goes and I'm not particularly bothered. Obviously would be happy if he stayed but before the start of Martinez's last season he was asked to stay one more year and he did, and did the same again this season. We'll have to bring in at least 2 strikers to replace his goals and if that doesn't happen then he would've done the right thing in leaving as we'll still be cocking up transfer windows.

He won't win the clause battle. Not a chance. Everton know if they put in the clause they (Lukaku and agent) want, then the odds are Raiola will already have a buyer on place. So we'd essentially be doubling his wage for a few weeks.

In my opinion, if he signs a contract with Everton, then it's on the clubs terms and baring a world record fee, he'll be here this time next year.
If he signs a new contract with a clause, he will stay one more season. Then the fee will be matched and he will go.

He can also stay one more season with current contract, then it's up to Everton if they want to leave him go on a free in 2019, or take small fee in 2018.

If he signs a new contract, he is calling the shots, otherwise he can walk very soon for small fee/free.

If he signs a new contract with a clause, he will stay one more season. Then the fee will be matched and he will go.

He can also stay one more season with current contract, then it's up to Everton if they want to leave him go on a free in 2019, or take small fee in 2018.

If he signs a new contract, he is calling the shots, otherwise he can walk very soon for small fee/free.
????

I find all the "he just wants us to match his ambition" stuff hilarious.

He doesn't want that, he wants to move to a bigger more glamorous club.

If we signed five class's players on first day of transfer window and then next day Chelsea came in for him he'd still want to go to Chelsea without a second thought.

He wants a new club, not for us to become more ambitious...

It's delusional to think otherwise.

I think his mind has been made up for some time about not signing the contract. He spilled the beans to the dutch reporter which resulted in him having to give that interview about his ambitions. I don't see any point clinging on to the hope that he will stay.
I think he is making a mistake, but the lad has his own mind.

I think his mind has been made up for some time about not signing the contract. He spilled the beans to the dutch reporter which resulted in him having to give that interview about his ambitions. I don't see any point clinging on to the hope that he will stay.
I think he is making a mistake, but the lad has his own mind.
Agreed. I think he wants out and I didn't buy one word of that interview. It was sour grapes because he and his agent didn't get their release clause deal.

I was proud of the club.

So an institution of world football can't come out of this situation getting their way?
Sadly not. We might be institution by name, but our last trophy of any type was 20+ years ago.

I said in one of my first messages on here that it's a pity that this is happening now instead of maybe two/three season from now, when hopefully we will be competing for trophies and in Europe, we would be in stronger position to negotiate. As is, we are pretty much just saying "trust us". For an elite striker that will have the best teams looking for him, it's not enough.

It's a big pity, but unfortunately it's our position for now.

Agreed. I think he wants out and I didn't buy one word of that interview. It was sour grapes because he and his agent didn't get their release clause deal.

I was proud of the club.
This. I was also proud of the fans in the way we behaved towatds him in the game against Hull. Showed a lot of dignity.

Sadly not. We might be institution by name, but our last trophy of any type was 20+ years ago.

I said in one of my first messages on here that it's a pity that this is happening now instead of maybe two/three season from now, when hopefully we will be competing for trophies and in Europe, we would be in stronger position to negotiate. As is, we are pretty much just saying "trust us". For an elite striker that will have the best teams looking for him, it's not enough.

It's a big pity, but unfortunately it's our position for now.
We will see. I see only three outcomes and each one will be on Evertons terms not his.
1. He signs a new contract with no release clause or one that we choose not him
2. He goes this Summer for a fee we are happy with (higher than what they wanted inserted into a new contract)
3. And most unlikely, he runs his contract down a further year, which means we get another year out of him and he goes next summer (I think this is least likely because he won't want another 12 months at £70k PW)

This. I was also proud of the fans in the way we behaved towatds him in the game against Hull. Showed a lot of dignity.
I think the match going fans were always going to do that. I was at the Arsenal 6-1 and Lescott got a good reception, initially and he'd been a (insert bad word) all preseason.

He won't win the clause battle. Not a chance. Everton know if they put in the clause they (Lukaku and agent) want, then the odds are Raiola will already have a buyer on place. So we'd essentially be doubling his wage for a few weeks.

In my opinion, if he signs a contract with Everton, then it's on the clubs terms and baring a world record fee, he'll be here this time next year.
I did say it would all be short term PR if it did come about that he agrees an extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back