Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why everyone is so sure he wants off now? I've agreed with everything I've heard him actually say to be honest (not tabloid nonsense actual quotes that he actually said!). Rom is a beast and should be fighting for trophies. I think he's settled and happy here and if we match his ambition with a few proper marquee signings he would stay. If we can't pull that off and someone offers some serious money for him I think we'd agree to let him leave.

We are a one man team. 53% of all our key play (goals and assists) cones from him.

If he leaves we are at an immediate disadvantage next season, because we have no one else in te team who can supply a goal haul anything like he can, and it would require the perfect replacement t come in and hit the ground running.
Er, he's scored six goals this season which have affected results (and of those he's only scored against City out of the top ten).discounting city and their shocking defence he's scored 4 goals which have affected results, none of which have been against the top ten. The fullbacks combined have scored us more points this season than Rom.

Er, he's scored six goals this season which have affected results (and of those he's only scored against City out of the top ten).discounting city and their shocking defence he's scored 4 goals which have affected results, none of which have been against the top ten. The fullbacks combined have scored us more points this season than Rom.

Scored against spurs, wba too who I'm fairly sure are top 10 sides.

I have no idea if he will stay or go but if he does stay and sign a new contract then i believe that he has been sat down with Walsh koeman and morshi and said look here it is, we are doing this getting money in from that and this is who we are speaking to. We're here to get in the champions league. We're here to win trophies this is how were going to do it.

To me it will be UTD, his agent will make that happen if Zlat moves on.
I think Costa will sod off, and he is Chelsea bound. He;d go back there in a heartbeat.

Either way its massive money to reinvest wisely, club will still be here if he goes.

We've waited what seems like lifetime to finally find someone who can score us 20 goals in the league and yet you are finding fault with this. You will see next season if Rom is sold, the void he has left.

We've waited what seems like lifetime to finally find someone who can score us 20 goals in the league and yet you are finding fault with this. You will see next season if Rom is sold, the void he has left.
I like Rom, I just don't think he's the world class striker everyone seems to think. If we get 80m for him we should be delighted. But the stats above are indisputable. When we are playing any team average to good, he disappears like snow in June.
Compare that to Tim Cahill, didn't score nearly as many, but his goals nearly always counted, and I think he scored away at all the big four. A big time player, who always respected the club and thought of the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back