Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he didn't. He was convinced on Koeman, Mourinho, then Emery and Monchi then Koeman again.

He was asked point blank, who he thought would be Everton's next manager.

His words were something basically to the gist of "if I had to put a bet on it right now, I would say Koeman".

Yes he did also say we had been approached by Mourinho, Emery only came into it when Koeman was not sure.

If I could be arsed finding his comments I would. But I can't, so I won't.

The Esk certainly has sources. WRD has backed his claims for witsel and Carvalho. We were definately in talks with both and why the talks broke down we wont know

His words were something basically to the gist of "if I had to put a bet on it right now, I would say Koeman".

Yes he did also say we had been approached by Mourinho, Emery only came into it when Koeman was not sure.

He flip flopped all summer and covered all bases mate. He may have been informed to some degree but his confidence was at best misplaced in his "source"

But it's pointless if he doesn't have support.

What we didn't do in the home derby (in the second half, anyway) was get enough players up close to him.

If we get Kev and/or Ross around Rom, then it makes his job a hell of a lot easier.

..I have to say I disagree. In some games he will be isolated but he has enough about him to hold on to a football and relieve pressure. It's part and parcel of a CFs job and one that his team mates more than supporters will praise him for.

If you post enough educated guess's some are bound to come off, law of averages and all that, WRD tends to post stuff that has happened but not been made public, Esk was making statements about what the club are going to do and came across as just being silly in the end

Esk is a good lad and always passes info on in good faith, so I respect him for that even if things don't end up coming to fruition. He gets abuse over the Witsel stuff but I genuinely think there was a point where he was looking extremely likely to sign.

Maybe his decision is to stay if we reach the top 4. So basically leaving. Can't understand why if he's signed they don't just announce it. Is he back from international duty yet?

Esk is a good lad and always passes info on in good faith, so I respect him for that even if things don't end up coming to fruition. He gets abuse over the Witsel stuff but I genuinely think there was a point where he was looking extremely likely to sign.

That's the point though, he looked like he was likely to sign, which is exactly how the Esk should have put it but instead he decides to sensationalise everything and say -

"Witsel is ours"

"Mata is ours"

Over sensationalising stuff for attention or due to blind optimism is a dangerous game for an ITK because people will get narked when you're wrong.

That's the point though, he looked like he was likely to sign, which is exactly how the Esk should have put it but instead he decides to sensationalise everything and say -

"Witsel is ours"

"Mata is ours"

Over sensationalising stuff for attention or due to blind optimism is a dangerous game for an ITK because people will get narked when you're wrong.
Can't disagree with you there really. He did the same this week with "Bramley Moore is ours" which actually did come off, though the chances are he was doing that tongue-in-cheek anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back