Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone blames the agent but at face value it appears that the agent and club both want the contract signed as is, but the stumbling block is Lukaku himself?

I suppose though mate that if it's true about the release clause we want to insert into his contract being so high, you probably couldn't blame Lukaku if he thinks that fee is unrealistic. Also, wouldn't his agent make more dosh if Lukaku made a move to a big club? considering his agent said if he had been Lukaku's agent at the time that he joined us, then he wouldn't have allowed/encouraged it.

A reliable source tells me that any Everton ITK really worth his salt these days will get his information via the medium of Modern Dance !
download.webp

It is definitely maybe on !

According to Bendy Wendy ^^^^^

Everyone blames the agent but at face value it appears that the agent and club both want the contract signed as is, but the stumbling block is Lukaku himself?

I wonder if this is in some sense, a stunt by Lukaku? Going back to the first time Rooney threatened to leave United, there was a story that it was essentially a play by Ferguson to get the board to invest in players, over the next two windows they went out and brought about 4-5 players in as a result, and rooney could console the negative reaction with his doubled wages as a result. Not confirmed that story by any means but it got me thinking about the reality of some big stories like this.

So considering we all know Lukaku is leaving us the minute a club offers a silly amount of money for him, there isn't much on the face of it to suggest he would gain from it. Except what if, (and entirely hyperthetical this) he knows he won't be leaving this summer. Perhaps his way of thinking (or his agents) is that if Everton were to qualify for the champions league and raise their profile next season then Lukaku isn't just a top young striker, he becomes a player in a actually good team who have reached the top tables themselves. So Lukaku becomes an easier sell to the top clubs and the amounts suggested because he is then essentially a champions league player so to speak.

All hyperthetical and probably wide of the mark but what if that is the case? What if Lukaku got his move on the back of reaching the top 4 and a good world cup showing? Remember next summer is when the real movement happens after a major tournament so is it so unlikely he wants to solidify his position and he can only do that by demanding the club raise their ambition to his?

Think that WRD has got enough right ladt couple of years for it to be given serious consideration. Madness is some no mark journalist could print a similar story tomorrow and the place would go into meltdown about how it's happening despite said journalist having no previous credibility.

No idea what's going on but would love there to be some truth in the positive rumours .

They have both also given themselves a bit of leeway by saying that "i expect him to sign" or "this is waht i have been told apparently"
They can always come back when he dosent sign saying "it was all in place but something must of happened between when i was told and when he didnt sign"

Exactly.

It's called cold reading. It's took a few years but finally people generally are cottoning on to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back