Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have both also given themselves a bit of leeway by saying that "i expect him to sign" or "this is waht i have been told apparently"
They can always come back when he dosent sign saying "it was all in place but something must of happened between when i was told and when he didnt sign"

*Taps nose* I've got it on good authority mate that he may sign, or he may not sign, also been told that we could sell him this summer, but we may keep him as well.

They have both also given themselves a bit of leeway by saying that "i expect him to sign" or "this is waht i have been told apparently"
They can always come back when he dosent sign saying "it was all in place but something must of happened between when i was told and when he didnt sign"

Things change in football, Lukaku was a cert to sign before the sudden change of heart last week. Both the Esk and WRD clearly have good sources, and in both of their cases there's been things that didn't happen.

It sounds like we'll hear more today on what will happen.

My sources tell me his sources (who are well sourced) have told Everton's sources (who have other sources) that subject to agreeing who has the best sources then only then will their sources tell Everton's sources to tell the other sources if their source has the right source

Things change in football, Lukaku was a cert to sign before the sudden change of heart last week. Both the Esk and WRD clearly have good sources, and in both of their cases there's been things that didn't happen.

It sounds like we'll hear more today on what will happen.

Was he a cert to sign though mate, all we had was his agent telling us it was 99.9% done (twice) Lukaku when asked would say his agent was dealing with it because he wanted to concentrate on playing his footy. There may have been stuff out there where the media were saying these things. I could be wrong like, but I don't remember Lukaku saying he was happy and would be deffo signing a new contract. Hold my hands up if there is something out there where he says this.

I've reached a point where if he signs, great, if he goes so be it - just get the transfer right.

However, if he does sign i'm really looking forward to seeing how the media will spin it after all the other things they've reported so far.
To be honest, I think this is the only way to approach this and keep your sanity in tact.

Whilst I've always been a fan of Rom, he has been pretty inconsistent during his first 3 seasons. When you mix that with his constant bleating about champions league etc, I was of the opinion that if he stays, he stays, and if he goes, let's make sure we get good money for him. I didn't expect him to still be here this season but admit I was pleased when he did finally commit verbally during the summer.

However this season I think we've seen a different player. I think his all round game has improved fantastically and, if anything, has become even more clinical in front of goal. We're starting to see the player he can become.

I still didn't think we would be able to hold on to him, especially given the obvious improvements. But then all the positive talks coming out about a new contract and you start hoping that you can keep him for another 1, maybe 2 years. Then the disappointment of 2 weeks ago, followed by the interviews, and all I can see in this is an agenda by the player and his agent to get their own way, which I find a bit distasteful if I'm honest. Now all these new rumours coming out about him signing again and fans building their hopes up again, whilst in reality I don't think anybody outside of Rom and his agent has a flying *@c* what is going on.

For me, the best way to approach this is to assume that he isn't signing a new contract. He has 2 years left on his current contract and the club will either decide to keep him or sell if a good enough offer comes in for him. I do believe the club is committed to improving the squad to compete for top 4 next season, so any money we get for Rom will go towards that end, in addition to whatever funds we already have set aside.

If Rom does sign a new contract, then I'll be delighted, but under no illusion that it secures his position here for the long term. It will put the club in a better position assuming they don't give in to any silly release clauses from the agents.

Was he a cert to sign though mate, all we had was his agent telling us it was 99.9% done (twice) Lukaku when asked would say his agent was dealing with it because he wanted to concentrate on playing his footy. There may have been things out there in the media, could be wrong like, but I don't remember Lukaku saying he was happy and would be deffo signing a new contract. Hold my hands up if there is something out there where he says this.

Agents do play their fair share of games but I don't see what his agent would've gained if he didn't think Rom was genuinely going to sign.. you never know in football though.

I've kept my head down on this, as sources need to remain anonymous, but I have a trusted ITK, who pass on useful indicators on these 50/50 outcomes.

I think it's the same source as some of the better known ITKs, judging from their previous predictions.

I intend to consult the ITK shortly, and will report back on the outcome.

upload_2017-3-27_12-42-42.webp

Agents do play their fair share of games but I don't see what his agent would've gained if he didn't think Rom was genuinely going to sign.. you never know in football though.

I'm always suspicious mate, his agent was saying back in December that his contract was 99.9% done, then he comes out the other week stating it was 99.9% done. One of the lads on here made a decent point saying it's as if his agent it putting this '99.9% done' to give a bump to clubs who may be interested in Lukaku, wouldn't be the first time an agent has been a tad mischievous.

Thanks mate, sometimes i am astounded by how you get hold of some of this information before anyone else

These things comes to me in the form of premonitions Raino. I never guess, or put things out there in a way that covers my back if these things don't come off mate.

The docks move came to me in the form of wetting the bed.

Last edited:
I've kept my head down on this, as sources need to remain anonymous, but I have a trusted ITK, who pass on useful indicators on these 50/50 outcomes.

I think it's the same source as some of the better known ITKs, judging from their previous predictions.

I intend to consult the ITK shortly, and will report back on the outcome.

View attachment 35692
Hwy didnt you just ask them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back