Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if unlikely that it is, that rom is going to sign a new contract then it will be announced just prior to the Derby, hopefully to give the fans and team a lift, prior to such a big game.

Why would he need to sign a new contract? He's already got one until 2019. We're good.

This is what I still think, if anything its the player/agent that want the new contract so there is a release clause, we can just carry on as we are now for another 9 months at least anyway

if WRD says he's signing, he's signing.

The only problem is Esk said he's signing...

WRD also said that there'd be no announcement from the club re. BMD on Thursday.

Esk said there would be...

So we'll see.

Both definitely get bits of info and it's brilliant that they pass it on. Up to the other fans whether they choose to believe it as gospel or just do the sensible thing and understand things can change and it doesn't necessarily mean they are lying if something doesn't work out how they said it might/would.

WRD also said that there'd be no announcement from the club re. BMD on Thursday.

Esk said there would be...

So we'll see.

Both definitely get bits of info and it's brilliant that they pass it on. Up to the other fans whether they choose to believe it as gospel or just do the sensible thing and understand things can change and it doesn't necessarily mean they are lying if something doesn't work out how they said it might/would.
nail on head there. Rom seemed all set to sign before his last minute change of heart and it's not impossible to think he hasn't chnaged his mind again and I appreciate the info the likes of Esk provide, certainly the financial stuff which my tiny mind struggles to understand - i do however take it all with a pinch. Personally i can't see Rom signing or staying beyond the summer but that's because i always assume the worst when it comes to Everton - it looks like Club are doing all they can to change that mentality in me but i still fear that change is still too slow to convince Lukaku

Lukaku briefed the press saying he's not signing. He's subsequently given an interview saying nothing has changed and his decision is made.

People who think he is signing are adding 2 and 2 and getting very confused.

Lukaku did not 'brief' the press.

Players don't brief the press at all.

Lukaku and Raiola were both at FF set to sign that new deal. Press were invited along (Joyce, Hunter etc).

Lukaku instead informed the club that he wouldn't be signing.

This obviously got to the press (via the club and likely Raiola) and that's why Joyce was the one who broke the news.

The club reacted with Moshiri's statement. Lukaku was down for a scheduled interview as part of the kick-it-out campaign a day or two later so that's when the press then got chance to ask those questions.

Since then talks will have continued. The only indication of anything having progressed since then is from Rom's quote last week when he said he's made a decision and that we'd know in due course.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything has changed, though it doesn't mean the situation hasn't changed either.

Until the next information comes along, we don't have anything more to go off than Lukaku didn't sign the contract previously on the table.

Lukaku did not 'brief' the press.

Players don't brief the press at all.

Lukaku and Raiola were both at FF set to sign that new deal. Press were invited along (Joyce, Hunter etc).

Lukaku instead informed the club that he wouldn't be signing.

This obviously got to the press (via the club and likely Raiola) and that's why Joyce was the one who broke the news.

The club reacted with Moshiri's statement. Lukaku was down for a scheduled interview as part of the kick-it-out campaign a day or two later so that's when the press then got chance to ask those questions.

Since then talks will have continued. The only indication of anything having progressed since then is from Rom's quote last week when he said he's made a decision and that we'd know in due course.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything has changed, though it doesn't mean the situation hasn't changed either.

Until the next information comes along, we don't have anything more to go off than Lukaku didn't sign the contract previously on the table.

So you are saying Lukaku's agent likely briefed the press. Thanks for clearing that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back