Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are saying Lukaku's agent likely briefed the press. Thanks for clearing that up.

The club did, more than likely in conjunction with Raiola, yes.

I wasn't there, but an educated guess at how these things usually play out indicates that it wasn't just the player. And everything from the club (and the player) released since suggests that the work is ongoing.

Personally, if he signs, I don't think it'll be until the summer at the earliest, as he seems to want assurances and then evidence that we're going to make some serious improvements.

The club did, more than likely in conjunction with Raiola, yes.

I wasn't there, but an educated guess at how these things usually play out indicates that it wasn't just the player. And everything from the club (and the player) released since suggests that the work is ongoing.

Personally, if he signs, I don't think it'll be until the summer at the earliest, as he seems to want assurances and then evidence that we're going to make some serious improvements.

...but he's losing a small fortune in delaying or perhaps I have that totally wrong.

...but he's losing a small fortune in delaying or perhaps I have that totally wrong.

well the new contract offered is apparently huge, as in, massive, massive money (probably 150-170k p/wk plus signing on fee etc).

But tbh, everything we know about Rom suggests he isn't arsed about the money Eggs.

I'm sure if him signing now scuppered his chances of a move to say, Bayern in the summer, then he won't sign for the sake of an extra £500k (after tax, bloody hell) that he could earn anyway. He's got more of enough money

I don't give a monkey's anymore.
Waaaay too much BS in the so-called working man's game these days.

I'm tired of it all tbh.

Leave? go?...I no longer care.

well the new contract offered is apparently huge, as in, massive, massive money (probably 150-170k p/wk plus signing on fee etc).

But tbh, everything we know about Rom suggests he isn't arsed about the money Eggs.

I'm sure if him signing now scuppered his chances of a move to say, Bayern in the summer, then he won't sign for the sake of an extra £500k (after tax, bloody hell) that he could earn anyway. He's got more of enough money

..perhaps I'm being cynical, Mate, but it's not just him who is financially losing out, it's his agent etc. Stones had a big bucks offer on the table and refused to sign it. I just can't see Lukaku signing a new contract at this stage but I might be wrong. If the situation is as I think, it would surely be problematic keeping him on this deal for another season.

People are getting too freaked out over what the media is saying about Lukaku :-( His 2 years left on his contract in summer and media is pimping him out all over the place as suits their agenda to keep their Sky 6 important because if Everton took away from one of them they won't be happy ! Until officially Lukaku puts in a transfer request and says he wants to leave he'll still be here and wait for him to sign when his ready :-) His not a bad trouble maker and is respectful to Everton

..perhaps I'm being cynical, Mate, but it's not just him who is financially losing out, it's his agent etc. Stones had a big bucks offer on the table and refused to sign it. I just can't see Lukaku signing a new contract at this stage but I might be wrong. If the situation is as I think, it would surely be problematic keeping him on this deal for another season.

There's definitely been negotiations continuing since he said he'd 'rejected' our offer.

Whether they've come to fruition remains to be seen.

I suppose if it were for his agent then we'd have him signed up already.

Rom clearly isn't convinced just yet that he should spend (at least) another year here (though as I've said before I still think the ball is in the club's court as Rom will know that if he refuses to play that will only stall his development).

That's why I don't think he'll sign until he sees that we mean business come the summer (hopefully we do).

Not like he hasn't been 'stepping up' all season Pabbers...

He's the league's top-scorer playing for the league's seventh-placed side.

True mate, but he does need to keep doing it, and these 2 massive games that could push us to his dream...perfect for him to showcase what he beleives.

More will watch this game than all of our other games......if he has a crap game or 2....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back