Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll see, won't we. It would fill me with more confidence if he signed on the dotted line, instead of coming up with cryptic statements...or getting Bolasie to come up with cryptic statements about a man having his
That is why this summer is so important in terms of having quality back ups.

Can't wait for the summer. It will tell us a lot about the ambition of the club. They've had enough time to plan ahead.

Can't wait for the summer. It will tell us a lot about the ambition of the club. They've had enough time to plan ahead.

At the end of the day, it comes down to quality players wanting to be here and seeing into the future. Keeping the likes of Rom and Ross is paramount to this.

At the end of the day, it comes down to quality players wanting to be here and seeing into the future. Keeping the likes of Rom and Ross is paramount to this.

It's a catch 22 situation. Top prospects will want to see if we can keep the likes of Lukaku and Barkley. While those two will be seeing which players we can attract before committing. Lukaku was already complaining recently about our inability to close deals for top players. I don't envy Koeman and Walsh. They have their work cut out for them.

Moshiri has to up his game this Summer.

Last edited:

Despite my criticisms of him, I hope Moshiri and Koeman are serious about holding him to his contract (for at least another season) if he doesn't sign a new one. If he can work on his weaknesses (and he's a much better player now than he was two seasons ago) then the sky is the limit for him. The next two windows are absolutely critical with regard to keeping and attracting the players we need - the summer window in particular. I've no doubt of the ambition Moshiri has, but you can't make a player who wants out stay at the club. If we get one more season out of him while bringing in real quality - who knows.

Despite my criticisms of him, I hope Moshiri and Koeman are serious about holding him to his contract (for at least another season) if he doesn't sign a new one. If he can work on his weaknesses (and he's a much better player now than he was two seasons ago) then the sky is the limit for him. The next two windows are absolutely critical with regard to keeping and attracting the players we need - the summer window in particular. I've no doubt of the ambition Moshiri has, but you can't make a player who wants out stay at the club. If we get one more season out of him while bringing in real quality - who knows.
I'm almost certain (in my opinion) that there is now way that he'll be here, this time next year on his current contract. If he's here it'll be on a contract that improves his income, whilst doesn't see Everton back down to the release clause demands.

No way will he do another year on 70k per week.

If he does sign a new contract, with no release clause or a huge release clause, then that's a massive feather in the cap of the Moshiri reign.

Lukaku would be at one of those clubs if he had the attributes I mentioned. For someone so fond of bigging himself up you'd think he would work on that shambolic first touch.

it's been much better this season, but it went back to being really poor in the derby. The 3 or 4 times the ball got that far anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back