Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly don't think there's anything in it with him and Williams.

Williams is proper fired up and having a stormer but getting peppered. Has a go at Rom for not doing his part. He bites back and tells him to shush.

Think it's needed in the side to be fair. Bit of fight.

The bitching to pogba at the end of the game is what has shown his true colours to me. Absolute snake, keep it in the locker room but crying to your friend on the opposition post game in front of the cameras is a real poor look.

Been really, really terrible the last two games. Just when we needed him to step up and show what he's all about, in two high pressure high value games, he comes up with absolutely nothing. Tonight he was just abysmal, no determination, and it actually looked like very little to no effort at all. He didn't sprint, every decision he made was wrong, he was bullied once again by their (much smaller) centre back. The guy has a huge problem, and I think the fans are going to turn on him very soon if he doesn't buck his ideas up, particularly with his frequent i'm-too-good-for-you comments, backed up usually by nothing whatsoever.

Always thought the criticism of him not working hard enough was a bit harsh, but it was noticeable how many times the backline had a go at him tonight, Williams especially.

Really beginning to lose patience with him now. Could have laid on several chances tonight but didn't. Wasted shots at goal from distance when surrounded by defenders. And to top it off, the shushing incident with Williams was just plain rude and disrespectful. Fuming with him and at this point NEA what he does at the end of the season.

Wish there was a way to opt out of people "liking" my posts. I say the same thing about Lukaku constantly, but if he scored tonight and we won 2-1 you'd be smashing the dislike button instead.

He did some decent things tonight, but spurned three chances to put goals on a plate for his teammates.

And that's Rom in a nutshell. He does nothing to benefit the team around him - only to benefit himself. And that's why he's a world class finisher, but a pretty bog standard footballer.

At this point, there's no point being annoyed at him for tonight. You have to accept that he's laser focused on getting goals, often to the detriment of the side as a whole.

Bit random but I was thinking about Germany's demolition of Brazil in the World Cup. That night, every decision made in front of goal was the right one for the Germany, not the individuals. Nobody was greedy, if a player was in a better position to score, the ball was passed to him. Barcelona do it quite often too, no ego's just whats best for the team.

Whether its a lack of ability to get his head up and play it, or the need for personal glory, it needs to be talked about.

I think he is looking increasingly like a player who has told the club he wants out but been told he is going nowhere unless silly money is bid for him.

The bitching to pogba at the end of the game is what has shown his true colours to me. Absolute snake, keep it in the locker room but crying to your friend on the opposition post game in front of the cameras is a real poor look.

I agree.

But he's young and worked up. Basically, if someone is you giving jib for not doing your job and you're wound up...Then said person makes a massive cock up, you're gonna be a bit miffed. Especially after the weekend.

He'll be gone in the summer so this will be forgotten about

He's been exactly the same but hasn't scored goals.

everyone seemed pissed at him tonight.

I'd actually be perfectly fine with him stinking up the spring again and then not getting a transfer offer. We gonna finish 7th anyway.

He Created everything good that we did & put lukaku through albeit wide with early ball at least 4 times.

Lukaku plays mirallas in first half its 2 nil instead he shoots from 30 yards into a
Defenders legs. Second half he rolls it along the box barkely taps in.

Barkley rolls one along the six yard box he is stood with his hands on his hips on the pen spot marked by two men.

His movement today was terrible & he did nothing other than up the tempo versus Saturday. He had plenty of service today

I'll just have to completely and strongly disagree with the claim that he got good service tonight.

He should square the ball to Barkley, sure, but he's a striker and was desperate to score and scored in literally that exact situation against Sunderland recently, so he's backed himself. Not the correct decision, but not exactly a crime either.

But what gets me is he's being mercilessly abused 10x worse than any other player in the squad would be for that choice yet the fact that he creates the chance himself by turning his man with back to goal and leaving him for dead in the first place before carrying the ball 40 yards is completely overlooked.

Bit random but I was thinking about Germany's demolition of Brazil in the World Cup. That night, every decision made in front of goal was the right one for the Germany, not the individuals. Nobody was greedy, if a player was in a better position to score, the ball was passed to him. Barcelona do it quite often too, no ego's just whats best for the team.

Whether its a lack of ability to get his head up and play it, or the need for personal glory, it needs to be talked about.

I've said it time and time again - if Lukaku goes, we can't replace him as a goalscorer, but we can certainly bring in better footballers to suit the team. That's why I'm not bothered if he goes.

I am bothered only in one respect - we've made his importance to the club so abundantly clear that selling him would indicate a lack of ambition. So I'd like us to give him a new contract, set a daft release clause and then sell him next year after we've piped down all the idiots about "not being able to keep hold of him."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back