Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to look like he did in his 4 month long strop last season.

There will still be people on here thinking he wants to stay.

I think he is looking increasingly like a player who has told the club he wants out but been told he is going nowhere unless silly money is bid for him.

Agreed. Trouble is, if the goals dry up cos he can't be bothered then he serves no purpose in the first team as goals are his only contribution.

I'll just have to completely and strongly disagree with the claim that he got good service tonight.

He should square the ball to Barkley, sure, but he's a striker and was desperate to score and scored in literally that exact situation against Sunderland recently, so he's backed himself. Not the correct decision, but not exactly a crime either.

But what gets me is he's being mercilessly abused 10x worse than any other player in the squad would be for that choice yet the fact that he creates the chance himself by turning his man with back to goal and leaving him for dead in the first place before carrying the ball 40 yards is completely overlooked.

He got the ball quite a bit where he likes it (in the channels where he can run at them).

I wish he would stop doing this thing where he cuts in from the right and shoots the ball before getting into the box. Frustrates the ever-loving life out of me when he does it. His long shots are wank but he has to do it at least once a match.

He openly wants to play in the CL and we're not in it. This means

I'll just have to completely and strongly disagree with the claim that he got good service tonight.

He should square the ball to Barkley, sure, but he's a striker and was desperate to score and scored in literally that exact situation against Sunderland recently, so he's backed himself. Not the correct decision, but not exactly a crime either.

But what gets me is he's being mercilessly abused 10x worse than any other player in the squad would be for that choice yet the fact that he creates the chance himself by turning his man with back to goal and leaving him for dead in the first place before carrying the ball 40 yards is completely overlooked.

I'm certainly not overlooking that. In fact, that one moment encapsulates Lukaku - absolute world class on the charge, but no end product or lateral thinking for the team when the way to goal is shut off. He's absolutely sensational at certain aspects of the game, and really mediocre at others.

Those three obvious passes aside, I think Lukaku actually played reasonably well today, especially second half in a thankless role. But it is what it is.

Wish there was a way to opt out of people "liking" my posts. I say the same thing about Lukaku constantly, but if he scored tonight and we won 2-1 you'd be smashing the dislike button instead.

It's the exaggeration in saying he does "nothing" for the team other than finish chances, foe example, which is of course miles from the truth and will get disliked most days, but will get a lot of appreciation right after a 95th minute equaliser when he's had a below par second half.

I'm certainly not overlooking that. In fact, that one moment encapsulates Lukaku - absolute world class on the charge, but no end product or lateral thinking for the team when the way to goal is shut off. He's absolutely sensational at certain aspects of the game, and really mediocre at others.

Those three obvious passes aside, I think Lukaku actually played reasonably well today, especially second half in a thankless role. But it is what it is.

This is what I'm referring to. "No end product". That's clearly not true if you look at his assist stats over years and compare them to similar top strikers like Kane.

I think Mirallas coming off got a negative reaction from Rom. It was a poor substitution in hindsight, but Rom shouldn't switch off regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back