Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im only 20 and hes the best striker I've seen in a blue shirt (earliest memories are of Rooney) However, he's only 23 and his playmaker is primarily Ross who's also only 23 means there's going to be some games they don't perform well together.

He's destined for great things, and I wish it was for here. However, if you want the best from him right now you need to surrond him with consistent players in their prime, part of why I think we got rid of Del on loan as hes also young and inconsistent.

I can't help but wonder if a more experienced striker would therefore accelerate the consistency of Ross and others around him that Rom wouldnt. How many other top sides main attacking outlets at the moment are 23 (Ross and Rom) and only 18? (Davies)

Del hardly played!
Deulofeu was always going to be the odd man out.

The way Koeman was setting up earlier in the season, it looked as though Bolasie was brought in to do Lukaku's running up top and provide an outlet whenever the team found itself under the cosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back