Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lads? You know who you are. Don't make me do this please. Just come into the open raising your hands and confess you know nothing about football and are one utter stain on Everton.

this thread is essentially a litmus test for racism, you bad bunch of frauds

I am running the tap on the Waters of Forgiveness

Whatever the future holds ,it's been great to witness a proper No. 9 at the club again.( and yes I know he's actually No.10,but you get what I mean)
:bye:

kone-703x422.jpg

Whatever the future holds ,it's been great to witness a proper No. 9 at the club again.( and yes I know he's actually No.10,but you get what I mean)
Exactly. It's part of football that players come and go, but it's the nice part of football to enjoy watching great players.

He is for sure one of our all time greats. Up there with Cahill as the best in Premier League era for us.

No, no player is bigger than the club...but he is the reason we've had a decent season and he will be a nightmare to replace.

Disproportionate to every other club he is responsible for his team's fortunes.
Us and Man U. A big area for improvement this summer.

Unless Ross 'As good as Beardsley' Barkley steps up.

Courtois , Terry, kompany, lampard. Drogba
Which Everton player should get into that?

In recent years, I think maybe only Cahill or Coleman would. Lukaku didn't play with Cahill, so maybe only Coleman not there is a surprise, but those five are great players. Would not be a good five-a-side team, but...yeah.

We saw the strength and weakness today....strength is he gets on the end of service, weakness is he relies on service (times he had to do stuff on his own he struggled/on one occasion fell over). It's nitpicking yes, but I'm judging him against the very best and he's nowhere near it. Talk of 65 to 70 mill is utter madness, but that's the way the game is going. His own goal tally masks the flaws in his game. Mentioned before, I'd rather have a 15 goal a season forward that makes the attack function really well in every game, than a 25-30 goal forward who adds nothing to the attack as a whole and is invisible against better teams.

Some qualities a top forward needs; A top forward compliments the team and creates for others, a top forward is not anonymous in games when the service isn't on a plate, a top forward has quick movement (especially in the lightning quick modern era), a top forward stretches defenders and pulls them all over the place, a top forward can run the channels and hold the ball up, a top forward has a quality first touch and can interplay with others (quick one twos etc.). Lukaku has none of these things. It's why he is quiet in games against better quality teams when the midfield is pushed back and isnt able to just swing balls into the box on a plate for him. He's too one dimensional to be a top forward. Being an excellent finisher isn't enough. With the exception of Arsenal there is not one team in the top six where he would get in the starting XI. United are short upfront, but his non movement wouldn't compliment Ibrahimovic who needs a mobile player to work off him.
I had to double take this post.
I think there is no doubt that RL has some flaws in his game just as every player has things they can improve on but come on his game primarily to score and then link the play. For me the problem isn't so much he doesn't do it but more that no manager yet has worked out how to provide him the players to link up with.
For me when the ball is played in to him players busting a gut to get forward rarely get close to him instead they seem to either want to get forward of him or the seem to run into wide spaces whereas truly smart players go in and then out which tends to drag at least one of the covering defenders away freeing more space for the advancing midfield to be the out ball
Watch Costa he is far from the greatest when it comes to running with the ball at pace the number of times it gets caught under his feet is quite ironically he doesn't possess the speed to do the sort of damage that RL does when he runs with the ball.
For me this isn't about RL inability for me it's far more about the players around him.

Reactions: DRM
Rom's hold up play was much better. No hopeful shots from improbable angles. Connected with teammates 68% of the time when in possession (26/38 attempts). Hopefully, more of the same from the big man.

Lads? You know who you are. Don't make me do this please. Just come into the open raising your hands and confess you know nothing about football and are one utter stain on Everton.
I heard the groans of the faithless as he Heskey'd around Anfield and Old Trafford, and I smiled.

For I knew the truth; that he was simply saving himself for the big one.

Hala Madrid, Romelu. Hala Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back