Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't rate either of the goals yesterday. The first was all about the quality of the cross from Barkley and the second was just Keystone Cops defending from Leicester. He wasn't really up against it.

That said, he is a goal machine and we will struggle badly without him next season. It';s inconceivable to me that he signs a deal once the season ends. If he were to sign one at any point it'd be during this season. Other clubs will have made their intentions clear by now and him holding off from committing to Everton suggests strongly one of those clubs has very firm interest and perhaps an understanding with Everton on the matter.

His rollicking off Williams seemed to work held the ball up well today, scored two his fee will just go up and up, he will go or stay for one season !
Koeman in his post match interview stated the the position over the contracts of Rom and Ross were totally different
Not for the first time he has stated that if ROSS does not sign he will be sold but he keeps stating that Rom has 2 yrs left.
I think Moshiri and Koeman have decided that Rom won't be sold and that he will be kept one more season and then if he won't sign he will be sold.

I didn't rate either of the goals yesterday. The first was all about the quality of the cross from Barkley and the second was just Keystone Cops defending from Leicester. He wasn't really up against it.

That said, he is a goal machine and we will struggle badly without him next season. It';s inconceivable to me that he signs a deal once the season ends. If he were to sign one at any point it'd be during this season. Other clubs will have made their intentions clear by now and him holding off from committing to Everton suggests strongly one of those clubs has very firm interest and perhaps an understanding with Everton on the matter.

If we get into Europe maybe the Boss will sit down with him and give him some assurances about who we might bring in......

wasn't it a MOTD stat that started this daft theory originally?

In the name fairness I feel I should point out that that's a poor stat as it's not like for like.

In that list:

* Kane gets to play against three teams... Arsenal, Chelsea, United
* Sanchez gets three...Spurs, Chelsea and United
* Costa faces Spurs, Arsenal and United
* Zlatan faces Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea

* Lukaku plays 4 teams (8 games instead of 6) against Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and United

In the name of fairness we should include the Everton results... In which case Zlatan + 2, Kane + 2, Sanchez + 1, & Costa + 1, I believe, so...

Ibra - 4
Rom - 3
Kane - 3
Cossta - 3
Sanchez - 2

Still impressive mind, but joint second and equal to 3 others, and behind Ibrahimovic.

I think that people are missing another scenario, in my opinion the correct one.

There have been promises of real investment at Everton before and those promises were not backed up by actions.
I think we need to go back to what Lukaku said a few weeks ago about players doing well in the Premiership that Everton chased but did not sign. I think that it is clear he was expecting more last summer.

I believe that both Lukaku and Barkley are waiting to see what transfer activity happens at the club this summer. If the club shows real intent and signs some quality players I think Barkley and Lukaku will stay...if not then they will leave.
I think they are throwing the ball back to the club to force their hand.
I think the statement about Barkley being sold is designed to ramp up pressure on club and player alike.

In the name fairness I feel I should point out that that's a poor stat as it's not like for like.

In that list:

* Kane gets to play against three teams... Arsenal, Chelsea, United
* Sanchez gets three...Spurs, Chelsea and United
* Costa faces Spurs, Arsenal and United
* Zlatan faces Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea

* Lukaku plays 4 teams (8 games instead of 6) against Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and United

In the name of fairness we should include the Everton results... In which case Zlatan + 2, Kane + 2, Sanchez + 1, & Costa + 1, I believe, so...

Ibra - 4
Rom - 3
Kane - 3
Cossta - 3
Sanchez - 2

Still impressive mind, but joint second and equal to 3 others, and behind Ibrahimovic.
Looks like an alternitive league table straight from rawk

The 'funny' thing about Everton is that we are kind of where Spurs were 3-4 years ago. Trying to consolidate ourselves into that much heralded 'top 4'. And selling your best player doesn't really help that sort of ambition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back