Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drogba speaking out I think is relevant.
Rom must have loads of respect for Drogba.

What I will say is that it's going to be a long few weeks on this saga.

We are very lucky we have investment however.

If it were still all down to BK we would end up with Victor Moses, Patrick Bamford and £10m.

Yeah, life will go on ... but I'm old enough to remember Spurs selling their top talent and reinvesting the fee in 4/5 new players. Sure, we're more disciplined than than the drunken sailors they had steering their ship, and RK has dealt with the loss of talent in the past- but by no means should this make anybody feel comfortable. Much more downside than upside if/when he goes

What I will say is that it's going to be a long few weeks on this saga.

We are very lucky we have investment however.

If it were still all down to BK we would end up with Victor Moses, Patrick Bamford and £10m.

I don't understand these players. If they are moving their agents will do the jobs but now acting like actors trying to draw (interviews ) attention from the media.

I don't understand these players. If they are moving their agents will do the jobs but now acting like actors trying to draw (interviews ) attention from the media.
I'm sure Drogba is still part of the Chelsea set up one way or another, regular at the stadium etc.
He was a hell of a player too, and that's why I think he will have an influence on Rom.
It's not about the money for Rom IMO, it's about his career, which ironically, for once ( ffs ) we can offer him money but not instant sucess.

Reactions: DRM

For me I'd go all out for dembele from Celtic. He has similar physical attributes to rom, looks an accomplished finisher, although it's only the Scottish league people will say, VVD their previous stand out player has adapted well to the premiership. Dembele would come to the club at a similar age to when rom joined us and maybe we could develop him in time to be a suitable replacement for rom.

A few decent players have come from Scotland recently. VVD, Wanyama, Fraser Foster, that left back at Hull....but it's risky. Dembele did look comfortable in the champions league this year, but I imagine Celtic would look for a substantial wedge.

A few decent players have come from Scotland recently. VVD, Wanyama, Fraser Foster, that left back at Hull....but it's risky. Dembele did look comfortable in the champions league this year, but I imagine Celtic would look for a substantial wedge.
Clint Hill marked Dembele out of the old firm game the other week.

@Mikey_Fitzgerald

It goes a bit deeper than that unfortunately. Rom has said before that Chelsea was the English team he supported, Drogba was his hero and when he first arrived in England Drogba took him under his wing. He's said before he still keep in touch with him regularly so tbf I think Drogba genuinely does know how Rom feels, whatever that might be.

That was about 4 years ago.

Yeah, sorry - that was hyperbole. I get to use that joke a lot with Trump in the WH.

The Bale situation is a decent case study for us. Club forced to sell, clubs stakeholders demand reinvestment of fee, drunken sailor/depressed housewife spending ensues, new team fails to mesh.

It goes a bit deeper than that unfortunately. Rom has said before that Chelsea was the English team he supported, Drogba was his hero and when he first arrived in England Drogba took him under his wing. He's said before he still keep in touch with him regularly so tbf I think Drogba genuinely does know how Rom feels, whatever that might be.
I get that feeling mate.
I always found it odd that Chelsea didn't keep Rom to learn everything he could off Drogba. They are very similar players.
Even odder hearing Dyche say today he tried to sign Rom from Chelsea when he was gaffer at Watford. He phoned up Di Matteo to ask. Matteo laughed at him and said no way, Lukaku is a champions league player.

the part were hes stays 1 more year but goes next year is what ive always thought would happen myself,hopefully if he does stay and the champs league bit happens you never know what happens then

Yeh I think it's pretty risk free for him on a personal level to stay another year with us. Summer 2018 is when we'll see him maybe leave depending on how successful we are next year.

All feeling a bit like he doesnt actually play for us, according to the media.

Just a matter of time before he is allowed to leave the Everton jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back