Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
And so now the doors will open and rom and barkley will leave with stones gone last summer. 3 mainstays we could have built around. Instead of bringing a big name in last summer which would have made the statement needed and possibly made rom and barkley take notice of evertons intention we brought enner valentia in on loan. Always going to happen this. Now with these players leaving how do we think we can attract big names players.

I like how Koeman is playing this to be honest. He made light of Drogba's comments and was honest about Lukaku's contract situation.

I'm sure Koeman is working hard behind the scenes to retain both Rom and Barkley but in public he is firmly reminding everyone that the club is bigger than any player.

I think he has backed himself into a corner, and I can understand Koemans frustrations as its out of his hands. He wants CL football but all CL clubs dont really need him and therefore wont meet our valuation. I think a reduced clause of 50 mil was what they were after and we have played hardball. I think he will be here next year which will make an interesting situation, as he is almost waiting for a place to become available at a top 4 club willing to match our valuation ......... I dont think its going to happen

And so now the doors will open and rom and barkley will leave with stones gone last summer. 3 mainstays we could have built around. Instead of bringing a big name in last summer which would have made the statement needed and possibly made rom and barkley take notice of evertons intention we brought enner valentia in on loan. Always going to happen this. Now with these players leaving how do we think we can attract big names players.

Why are you acting like it's a definite you absolute cry arse.

Two of those 3 'mainstays' are still here. They haven't gone and there's absolutely nothing to say either of them will be either.

If they don't want to be here they'll be sold but only if a club meets our valuation.

I like how Koeman is playing this to be honest. He made light of Drogba's comments and was honest about Lukaku's contract situation.

I'm sure Koeman is working hard behind the scenes to retain both Rom and Barkley but in public he is firmly reminding everyone that the club is bigger than any player.

Rom is gone. You dont need to be in the know to realise that. Barkley obiviously has been tapped and it will be a tough call esp with recent headlines to hang onto him. Dont under estimate the influence of media friends and family in him moving out of liverpool. Bad times for on field everton. It was coming though with no signings last summer.

Why are you acting like it's a definite you absolute cry arse.

Two of those 3 'mainstays' are still here. They haven't gone and there's absolutely nothing to say either of them will be either.

If they don't want to be here they'll be sold but only if a club meets our valuation.

Cry arse?? Oh my.Been here a while kid and am certainly no cry arse. I look at the situation and reckon rom is gone. Its not cry arse... its my viewpoint. Am i not allowed a view point here . Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Rom is gone. You dont need to be in the know to realise that. Barkley obiviously has been tapped and it will be a tough call esp with recent headlines to hang onto him. Dont under estimate the influence of media friends and family in him moving out of liverpool. Bad times for on field everton. It was coming though with no signings last summer.
While I hope they stay, if they don't want to wear the jersey then wave them on.

I get the Rom departure but I don't get the Ross scenario at all. Playing for your local team, likely going to captain them in the new stadium and making millions in the process. I don't understand how any Blue can be tapped up to leave that behind.

If they do both go it will be a blow to the club undoubtedly. I would trust Koeman to build a top class team though.

While I hope they stay, if they don't want to wear the jersey then wave them on.

I get the Rom departure but I don't get the Ross scenario at all. Playing for your local team, likely going to captain them in the new stadium and making millions in the process. I don't understand how any Blue can be tapped up to leave that behind.

If they do both go it will be a blow to the club undoubtedly. I would trust Koeman to build a top class team though.

Ya it would be a shame to lose both. Others will disagree but if there was something to tip the scales with barkley leaving i think last sundays incident will do it. His decision is going to be made in the next month i would say. Everton will need to know if they need a replacement and prob will need to act early summer. If we spend the money he probaly is replaceable unlike rom. But would love if he signed and captained the team in the future

Ya it would be a shame to lose both. Others will disagree but if there was something to tip the scales with barkley leaving i think last sundays incident will do it. His decision is going to be made in the next month i would say. Everton will need to know if they need a replacement and prob will need to act early summer. If we spend the money he probaly is replaceable unlike rom. But would love if he signed and captained the team in the future
I don't think the assault would influence his decision as he will run that risk anywhere when he goes out.

I still think one, at least, of Rom or Ross will stay but a positive start to the summer window would help.

Last edited:
I don't think the assault would influence as decision as he will run that risk anywhere when he goes out.

Fair enough, hopefully. but thats an assult and a number of threats from a farily well known individual who has recently been released again. Family can influence his decision and like all families they might mention..look ross maybe life would be a bit easier in london for you. But im with you in hoping he stays and is happy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back