Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's performance was just him personified. Didn't break a sweat and didn't once make an effort to link up play but when a clear cut chance arrived he buried it.

Yes he's a right pain in the arse but really want him to stay, it would be such a massive statement if he does.

The only positive from this situation is that Rom is having the time of his life and if the offers don't come in I can't see him sulking about next season. I only see him causing problems if we don't make a HUGE splash, teams come in for him and we don't sell. This team looks the most likely to break into the top 4 next season- hopefully European football doesn't hinder us in that regard
Hope you're right mate. As I say, we've seen both sides of Rom since he's been here. Chucked down his tools last season, but then again the whole team did probably. At the moment though, he's still giving his all to the cause. I'd like to think that if a big enough offer doesn't come in during the summer, and we improved the team both offensively and defensively, then he'd buckle down and carry on doing what he is now. May even sign a new contract if things are going well.

Still think he may go in the summer but it's far from clear cut.

Not at all, if we sell now we should be looking for 80mil. Next season it would be half that amount.

I wouldn't mind if it was Chelsea as long as we were able to bring in some of their players like Abraham, the Chalobah brothers etc...

What we really need are players and Chelsea have the new lukaku in 'Abraham' as well as others who could improve our squad and fill the gaps for us.

We then use our own money to buy 3 first team stars.
Let them play the "new Lukaku" Abraham then.

They have Cavani, who cost a lot of money even by today's standards.

They're also not doing as well as they should in a poor French league
I can't see Rom going to a sub standard French league. Yes he'll be playing in the CL but there wouldn't be the regular challenge he'd get in England or Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back