Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ace goal, but I thought he was pants today with his alround play.

Still, cant moan about the number of goals.

Maybe we need to credit the defenders more, if Rom has off games.

With 2 years left Lukaku should only be allowed to leave once we have a suitable replacement in.

That is what any club moving in the right direction would do.

His requirements are meaningless imo compared to those of Everton.

He should only be gone if weve got a high quality replacement (or indeed 2) lined up AND if there's 80m big ones sitting on the table for him

With 2 years left Lukaku should only be allowed to leave once we have a suitable replacement in.

That is what any club moving in the right direction would do.

His requirements are meaningless imo compared to those of Everton.

I am with you mate, I'd like to see us sign his 'replacement' this summer and keep Rom for one more as we develop, but it's more likely that he's off for £60m or more, just hope it happens quickly.

Nah, it's his movement and technique that cause him to be completely anonymous for most of certain games. Valencia's movement was just average but even that showed up Rom today.

But as said in the match thread, not many in world football can roll a defender with that sort of ease and slot like that.

World class goalscorer. Pretty average footballer.

Burnley did well today in their pressing and were well-drilled. As any manager with a brain would do, Dyche set up to man-mark and cut off the supply to Lukaku.

Lukaku got all his touches spot on first half, his overall play was pretty much perfect all half when we got him the ball, but we didn't have the creativity alongside him to break them down enough. When a side get it right against us, defensively, we need more goals coming from other players. Against sides like Burnley, Leicester, Hull and WBA we seem to have cracked that, especially through set-pieces recently, but we need another natural goalscorer for the tougher games that Lukaku can't win for us. Mirallas is ok at it but Barkley doesn't do it enough.

Yeah he was below average today... he should have buried that chance in the first half... and there was that one late on in the second he should have scored too.

But he took is goal well and it was pretty much out of nothing.. . And his celebration was just pure look at me im awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back