Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that most of the morning reports about Utd signing Lukaku and Griezman indicated they would be playing either side of Ibrahimovic.

Perhaps the thought of being stuck on the wing doing all Zlatans leg work may give him pause for thought, as would being back up to Costa at Chelsea if he doesn't move on.

Possibly. However, if you were that buying club would you hang on and wait or go on to the next goal machine - given the fact money is almost no obstacle?

I wouldn't if I were them.
i get the feeling chelsea told him to wait last year and they would get him this summer, hence he made noises but stayed last summer.

Ace goal, but I thought he was pants today with his alround play.

Still, cant moan about the number of goals.

Maybe we need to credit the defenders more, if Rom has off games.

I agree in that He didn't have a great game, we set up to create chances for him and if he leaves in my opinion he'll find it different elsewhere . That doesn't mean we wouldn't miss him though .

i get the feeling chelsea told him to wait last year and they would get him this summer, hence he made noises but stayed last summer.
If not Chelsea then someone else.

His words about the club talking a big game in the transfer market but not playing one were the most telling. He knows all "assurances" he'll be given this summer that we'll be ambitious are the usual bollocks and he's going to be off first opportunity.

I believe it's also known as the Webster ruling yes. But it comes into play after your contract has ran for 3 years and gives the player the right to buy out the remaining term of his contract. This will apply to Rom at the end of this season.

But the fact that no player that I'm aware of has exercised this right since Webster did about 10 years ago makes me believe that it is not well regarded within football circles. Imagine if a player is the sort of individual that would invoke the rule once, then they would clearly do it again and if I was running a club I would think twice about signing said player. There must be something like that going on otherwise you'd see it much more often you would have thought.

Quite a few players have used the ruling to achieve what they want but in truth not that many have left the main power of the ruling has been it has been a threat in negations.
Rooney was reported to have threatened its use as were Terry and Lampard there was also a comment that Sterling used it to force his exit from that other club.
At one time it was said that there was an agreement between the top Eureopean clubs not to become involved but Newcastle Utd took on a player who had forced an exit as did Real Saragossa.

Quite a few players have used the ruling to achieve what they want but in truth not that many have left the main power of the ruling has been it has been a threat in negations.
Rooney was reported to have threatened its use as were Terry and Lampard there was also a comment that Sterling used it to force his exit from that other club.
At one time it was said that there was an agreement between the top Eureopean clubs not to become involved but Newcastle Utd took on a player who had forced an exit as did Real Saragossa.
you mentioned top European clubs and Newcastle in the same sentence.

#achievement

Interesting that most of the morning reports about Utd signing Lukaku and Griezman indicated they would be playing either side of Ibrahimovic.

Perhaps the thought of being stuck on the wing doing all Zlatans leg work may give him pause for thought, as would being back up to Costa at Chelsea if he doesn't move on.

I still cannot fathom why he would leave unless he was made the main man at said club.

The entire side here is built to get him goals and consists of a young and talented side that is only going to get better.

Spurs are doing similar but are perhaps 2 years further on in their structure.

We could really kick on next year with a few exciting additions to this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back