Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have grown up with that sinking feeling everytime opponents get within 20 yds of our box because their quality or our lack of usually resulted in something bad happening. For the first time in my life i feel we can score every time we get near our opponents box and it feels Gooooooooood.

Today's performance was just him personified. Didn't break a sweat and didn't once make an effort to link up play but when a clear cut chance arrived he buried it.

Yes he's a right pain in the arse but really want him to stay, it would be such a massive statement if he does.

I actually thought his link-up play was very good today. Much better than against Leicester or Utd/RS.

He's been the best signing by Everton possibly ever, and we are almost nothing without him. So how do you think it makes me feel?

I get ya, but surely the club can't do anything if the guy has fallen in love chelsea years ago, same with Gerry he was always going to want to get back to barca. The club are in a positon to to offer him more now than at anytime in it's history, if he still goes it will be to chelsea because he loves them.

I get ya, but surely the club can't do anything if the guy has fallen in love chelsea years ago, same with Gerry he was always going to want to get back to barca. The club are in a positon to to offer him more now than at anytime in it's history, if he still goes it will be to chelsea because he loves them.
He'll go because he can play CL football. He cant here.

He'll go because he can play CL football. He cant here.

Agreed, i would go if chelsea came in, especially as he seems to have a hard on for them. I am sure his agent has been told they want him ,but, there is a huge face saving excerise going on here. They let the lad go so now have to get him back without getting completely striped up and this is why he wont sign a contract without a low release clause. could be an interesting summer, how much face are chelsea prepared to lose.

Agreed, i would go if chelsea came in, especially as he seems to have a hard on for them. I am sure his agent has been told they want him ,but, there is a huge face saving excerise going on here. They let the lad go so now have to get him back without getting completely striped up and this is why he wont sign a contract without a low release clause. could be an interesting summer, how much face are chelsea prepared to lose.
...how much are Everton prepared to lose is the bigger question.

If he doesn;t sign a contract then this time next season if he's still here the club would be looking at a much lower sale valuation.

He;s gone. It's almost done.

If they sell Costa to China they'll offer 80m. UTD let pogba go for free then still paid 89m to get him back

...how much are Everton prepared to lose is the bigger question.

If he doesn;t sign a contract then this time next season if he's still here the club would be looking at a much lower sale valuation.

He;s gone. It's almost done.
True, but i think they would have some king of legal contract with his buying club to get X in 2018/9 if we get 1 more year out of him.

True, but i think they would have some king of legal contract with his buying club to get X in 2018/9 if we get 1 more year out of him.
Possibly. However, if you were that buying club would you hang on and wait or go on to the next goal machine - given the fact money is almost no obstacle?

I wouldn't if I were them.

He improves significantly under Koeman. He is adored by the fans. And he will be the PL top scorer in this campaign. It will make sense if he stays for one more year at least to see where will Koeman gets us next season. Of course if he stays ans signs a new deal, the club better sort out his contract with a small consensus on the release clause.

Wishful thinking, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back