Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in work yesterday I was talk to 2 Everton season ticket holders of 20 years and they claimed they know someone at Chelsea and the deal was already done for 65 mil, when I questioned the amount he said a player was possibly involved.

Sounds like a load of tosh to me but make of that what u will.

Personally I think he will stay

Gentlemen i think we have a new WUM in our Midst
Not at all. I'm from an era that saw a very fluid everton team play free flowing football that scored a variety goals from everywhere via sharp, Heath,gray, sheedy and so on and so on. That team won the league. It then changed its style to accommodate a one dimensional striker whereby the team was set up to play to his strengths. The one season he was with us we won zilch. The following season we reverted back to our free flowing style and won the league again. As I've stated before,in my humble opinion I think if we keep rom (great finisher, granted) we never make top 4, bring in different types of attacking threats, adopting a more fluid style like, for example Chelsea, Spurs, the reds**te we will become a better team with more threats. It's no coincidence that when we play against the better teams with better defenders who can cope with lukaku's strengths we struggle to come up with a plan B

Not at all. I'm from an era that saw a very fluid everton team play free flowing football that scored a variety goals from everywhere via sharp, Heath,gray, sheedy and so on and so on. That team won the league. It then changed its style to accommodate a one dimensional striker whereby the team was set up to play to his strengths. The one season he was with us we won zilch. The following season we reverted back to our free flowing style and won the league again. As I've stated before,in my humble opinion I think if we keep rom (great finisher, granted) we never make top 4, bring in different types of attacking threats, adopting a more fluid style like, for example Chelsea, Spurs, the reds**te we will become a better team with more threats. It's no coincidence that when we play against the better teams with better defenders who can cope with lukaku's strengths we struggle to come up with a plan B

We need to keep Lukaku and improve the players around him. Then we'll have more options.

How about we keep the current top goalscorer and sign better players to play this fluid style you talk about.. They create chances Rom will score.. Simple.

So your saying basically that Rom staying is costing us top 4?

Sup lads, Chelsea fan here.

Friendly opening, not too condescending

I think that at this point, its pretty clear that he wants to go, didnt Koeman said that you guys would allow the players that wanted out to leave?

No

I dont see how you guys have much leverage here, he has 2 years only on his current deal

Because he has two years left on his contract.

if you guys dont sell him now, you are looking at a potential big loss,

Most likely it would be £40m plus even with 12 months remaining, presuming he has a good world cup. So If he went to Chelsea say in two years time that would be a loss of how much to Chelsea?

as he will have only one year on his current deal, and i dont think Everton can afford that.

Based on what?

I think that we will eventually compromise( if we havent already) and he will go to Chelsea

Like John Stones did

I think that at this point, its pretty clear that he wants to go, didnt Koeman said that you guys would allow the players that wanted out to leave?
I dont see how you guys have much leverage here, he has 2 years only on his current deal, thats pretty much the same situation that Alexis Sanchez is in, and Arsenal look to be in quite a dire situation with him, if you guys dont sell him now, you are looking at a potential big loss, as he will have only one year on his current deal, and i dont think Everton can afford that.
I think that we will eventually compromise( if we havent already) and he will go to Chelsea( not that i want him mind you, my preference would be for Costa staying, but his head is clearly not here anymore).
But anyway, im expecting that we will pay a really big fee for him, something like 80M probably
No mate , think he wants to go to a big club....not Millwall with the Willy Wonker Golden Ticket.

I dont see how you guys have much leverage here, he has 2 years only on his current deal, thats pretty much the same situation that Alexis Sanchez is in, and Arsenal look to be in quite a dire situation with him, if you guys dont sell him now, you are looking at a potential big loss, as he will have only one year on his current deal, and i dont think Everton can afford that.
I think that we will eventually compromise( if we havent already) and he will go to Chelsea( not that i want him mind you, my preference would be for Costa staying, but his head is clearly not here anymore).
But anyway, im expecting that we will pay a really big fee for him, something like 80M probably

You should be more concerned about Hazard leaving your club I think my friend.

Just missing an "Evening Toffees...."

I think our new owner, Farhad Moshiri, will be loathe to sell our most valuable asset (an asset that will only appreciate with time) to a fellow Premier League side. He may have been happy to sell Stones to City last summer, but that particular player had just had a diabolical season and was not yet an established Premier League star. Lukaku is a different kettle of fish.

I can see the kid going to Real Madrid, along with Eden Hazard.

Good luck for the rest of the season; hit 90 points and the title is yours, regardless of what Spurs do or don't do.

No he didn't say that. No it isn't the same as Sanchez because we don't have the managerial turmoil added into the situation and yes we can afford it our owner spent 40m on a building just because. There won't be any compromise. Chelsea pay his price and Rom pushes hard and he may go but at the end of the day Everton will decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back