Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want us to sell him this summer. But, if it 'has' to happen it has to be in good time for us to get one or two replacements in. None of this selling in the last week of August shennanigans!

Thats what I said earlier. Dont want to see Chelsea fail to get Morata or Belotti and then match our asking price 2 weeks before the deadline day. Set a fee and a date, once the date passes then he's not leavong full stop.

Even at £100 million I would only sell once we had his replacements in place & they would have to be top class no point selling him then signing average players to make up numbers. I'd like 2 £40 million players minimum in place before anything was agreed

£100million sounds low. Chelsea paid half that for Fernando Torres before the transfer market went wild and clubs started paying £15million for Championship journeymen like Ross McCormack.

And Torres' record was not as impressive as that of Rom. He had played more Premier League games than Rom currently has but scored fewer Premier League goals than Rom currently has.

Thats what I said earlier. Dont want to see Chelsea fail to get Morata or Belotti and then match our asking price 2 weeks before the deadline day. Set a fee and a date, once the date passes then he's not leavong full stop.
I agree. But, it might be tricky for the club if that happens to us (a late August bid) . Say we get a £70+ in August. Or do the club resign themselves to a lesser fee (say £30m to £40m) next summer? Just plucking figures out of thin air there, but obviously we'd be in a weaker bargaining position this time next year. Unless there's a bidding war, and even then Rom could call the shots on his final destination.

We should put a date on the fee too, as we dont want Chelsea (or anyone else) struggling to get a deal for other players then bid £100mill for Rom a week before the deadline.

We should say £100 mill by 1st August or he's not available at any price.

Totally agree, it's on our terms and not anybody elses. We the big dogs now, you play by our rules.

Worst case scenarios are we sell him for £100m this summer, or about half that next summer. Best case is we splurge big time in the summer, and he fires us into the Champions League and he stays.

Don't like 60% of our goals come from him? We might struggle next season.
We will. No matter who we get, there isn't anyone out there that will slot in this team and fit in. It will take time for all the timing to take effect. Liverpool still isn't right since Suarez left. not that I care. The same will happen to Us.

I'm not so sure. When was the last time a French side won the Champions League? It's got to be at least 20-odd years ago. English teams have won four Champions League titles in the last 18 years alone.

And two different English sides (Man Utd and Chelsea) have won the CL since AC Milan last did it.

French and Italian clubs get further in the competition than English usually.

Juventus would walk the prem.

Don't like 60% of our goals come from him? We might struggle next season.
The reason he has scored such a high % of our goal is, imo, we are getting the ball in the box a lot more lately and as a forward he is always there. We dont seem to rely on him making his own chances/goals fron outside the box.

The reason he has scored such a high % of our goal is, imo, we are getting the ball in the box a lot more lately and as a forward he is always there. We dont seem to rely on him making his own chances/goals fron outside the box.

That is what him and his agent have to think about. We do play to his strengths, not sure others would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back