Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we really want to keep him if he doesn't want to be here? Imagine ifwe keep him and he turns into the half arsed Rom that doesn't bag in 5 games. I'm all for getting a big fee for him but I think the club are playing a dangerous game asking for £100 million no doubt it'll annoy him and his snake agent.

Personally I would set a fair but high fee of £85 million and say either sign him by 1st August or he's not for sale. I want us a squad all pushing in the same direction next season not this sideshow and Barkleys contract both in the air.

Not a chance on £100m, we would have to be an existing UCL club to get near that. It's a world record fee, no chance.

The range of possibilities seem to go from £65m upwards. We are not going to get an additional £35m but splitting the difference would seem to be a good target if he has to go - that would push it over £80m.

Personally I think anything over £70m will be ok whilst wanting more. We have a good track record of pushing hard when selling so I could now see us haggling successfully for another 10-15% on top of that.

Do we really want to keep him if he doesn't want to be here? Imagine ifwe keep him and he turns into the half arsed Rom that doesn't bag in 5 games. I'm all for getting a big fee for him but I think the club are playing a dangerous game asking for £100 million no doubt it'll annoy him and his snake agent.

Personally I would set a fair but high fee of £85 million and say either sign him by 1st August or he's not for sale. I want us a squad all pushing in the same direction next season not this sideshow and Barkleys contract both in the air.

He's had no intention to sign the contract for months, he's scored in nearly every game since he did that. I don't buy any crap about he'd only be doing it to put himself in the shop window and would sulk next season.

We're a bit lucky in that sense, but he's too ambitious to give up and down his tools and just waste a year of his career imo.

He's had no intention to sign the contract for months, he's scored in nearly every game since he did that. I don't buy any crap about he'd only be doing it to put himself in the shop window and would sulk next season.

We're a bit lucky in that sense, but he's too ambitious to give up and down his tools and just waste a year of his career imo.

Theres also a World Cup next year, he wont 'down tools'.

If the club are saying £100M (or letting it be known through their stooges) that means relations between club and player/agent are in the toilet.

I find that concerning. We dont want a Luklaku with a titty lip next season. Just sell him for £70-80M and start rebuilding.

If the club are saying £100M (or letting it be known through their stooges) that means relations between club and player/agent are in the toilet.

I find that concerning. We dont want a Luklaku with a titty lip next season. Just sell him for £70-80M and start rebuilding.

Not necessarily... they could just simply be putting it out there that if any smart alec thinks they can come and plunder him from us cheaply in the summer transfer window, think again.

Two years on his contract... you want him, stump up £100 million and we'll consider it... anything else, jog on !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back