Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly.

Look at Dzeko's record in Italy and he is an absolute donkey - like Cavani

Dzeko scored 72goals for Man City in 5 seasons. Not bad really for a club that als
France and Italy are pretty average leagues though. They're in the second tier of European leagues.

Cavani has scored 39 goals in European comps with 25 in the CL.

Cavani has proved himself at the very highest level

We should put a date on the fee too, as we dont want Chelsea (or anyone else) struggling to get a deal for other players then bid £100mill for Rom a week before the deadline.

We should say £100 mill by 1st july or he's not available at any price.
Fixed

That Chinese club supposedly offered £80-90 million for Costa so if they offer around that for him in the summer I can imagine Chelsea actually paying this price tag.

If they don't though I still think we should sell personally, can see him putting in a strop and not bothering next season if we don't sell. Personally if someone offers us £80-90 million I would sell and bring in a player who wants to be part of project Koemans building.

Why throw a strop, he runs down his contract and he will have the choice of every top club in the world, especially as he's free. Plus him and Raiola will get a huge signing on fee.

This is definitely the way we should be playing this. Let's just hope he has some power over his agent and doesn't just do as he says, or he'll go on strike

Why throw a strop, he runs down his contract and he will have the choice of every top club in the world, especially as he's free. Plus him and Raiola will get a huge signing on fee.
Bingo! And Koeman has aleady said no one will be aloud to run down their contract so if he doesn't sign a new contract he will 100% be sold the following summer. Is he williing to spend one more year here if no-one matches our valuation? I think he would.

I'm sorry but I would be laughing at Burnley supporters at believing Michael Keane will still be at the club next season. Rom refused a new deal so it's a certainty he's off right away, He's ambitious and isn't all about money so rule out tin pot clubs in China or PSG in the French SPL league.

Bayern will never pay the sort of money we want, the likes of Atletico also won't be able to afford him. Leaves Chelsea, Real Madrid and Utd. Ibrahimovic looks likely to stay another season and you would have heard mumblings in the press/media if Real wanted him (see Hazard) for me only a fool would bet against a move to Chelsea everything points towards that. I've said it for a while Costa looks to have been told he can go in the summer and Roms been tapped up hence why he suddenly stopped signing that contract.
Im convinced Chelsea wont be paying our asking price -just reported £100m- after they sold him to us for £28m

Don't want us to sell him this summer. But, if it 'has' to happen it has to be in good time for us to get one or two replacements in. None of this selling in the last week of August shennanigans!

Lol, their best teams walk all over ours.

I'm not so sure. When was the last time a French side won the Champions League? It's got to be at least 20-odd years ago. English teams have won four Champions League titles in the last 18 years alone.

And two different English sides (Man Utd and Chelsea) have won the CL since AC Milan last did it.

In that echo exclusive it says he has officially said to Koeman he's not signing a contract.

Not that we need him to like but never the less.

BK's presumably had the £100m price leaked to the Echo to send a message to Chelsea (and us) that it's going to take a whopping sum to prise Lu away.
Quite right. If we're asking £100m then realistically we'll take £80-90m depending on whether Rom throws a tantrum to get out.
This could drag on all summer and effect what we have to spend like Stones last year or Chelsea might choose to look elsewhere. Can't see them coughing up quickly.
Going to be an interesting ride whatever happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back