Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was basically cruising along last season without much interest

He's defo been told by his agent to up his game to get a big move

i'm sorry, i think that's total BS. Everyone was crap last season and he was getting no service. His first touch was poor, as it has been his whole career. He's just vastly improved on that aspect and had deulofeu (who wasn't here last season) come in who an actually provide him with the service (not many otehrs have assisted him really).

There's nothing about his personality to suggest he's only playing well for us because he's angling for a move.

Yep, I'd make the sacrifice. I don't think Lukaku is any better than what the clubs we look at as rivals have (Kane, Giroud, Martial, etc), so I wouldn't worry too much about replacing him.

As you said, agree to disagree. Egg on my face if he goes on to star for one of the world's leading teams, but I don't see that happening.

i don't think you can really place martial in the same catergory as lukaku, nor kane for that mattter. Kane had never been a standout until last season EVER.

i don't think you can really place martial in the same catergory as lukaku, nor kane for that mattter. Kane had never been a standout until last season EVER.
Probably fair to say that about Martial. He hasn't really proved anything - I just really like what I've seen.

I think Kane is fantastic, though.

As I said to someone else, I wasn't comparing Lukaku to those names as a slight. I think they're all good players.

Where's Dexter gone? Those kids are probably wetting themselves now thinking of how special their Christmas will be. Well, those ones lucky enough not to be hooked up to a 24 hour catheter bag because of various life-threatening ailments.

The amazing thing is that we could have got Martial on loan two Januarys ago...i wonder at that time how much the agreed fee could have been, £10mil ?

He would have been excellent where Kone has been playing and also great competition for Lukaku.

Hopefully Martinez gets the next one this Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back