Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
December 26th Newcastle
January 16th Chelsea

7 games there between those two...

Our squad could be in trouble here with the poor quality in reserve.

Surely RM has to give him a rest over the next few weeks - I think it's 7 games in 28 days coming up. The FA cup stands out as the only option.

Surely RM has to give him a rest over the next few weeks - I think it's 7 games in 28 days coming up. The FA cup stands out as the only option.
You can't rest a player in the form he's in though. He'd be fuming if he missed out on setting a record because he was benched too.

@Dexter do you remember writing this in one of the many threads on Lukaku?

Dexter said:
I'll have a bet with anyone now that if we do sign him he will not improve beyond the first 2 seasons, in other words, he will turn into Andy Caroll

I replied with this, which you then 'liked', which clearly means you accepted the bet:

£100. Deal. Send me your bank details just incase you're right.

PayPal will do mate.

His scoring record must be as good as any at this point, but I think Kane is a better all round player. I doubt Spurs fans are as obsessed with selling him to Barcelona or Real Madrid as we seem to be with Lukaku, though.

It'll be interesting to see how he develops. A lot of early bloomers tend to burn out by their late twenties, but not many are blessed with his physique.
Because Spurs are on course to be playing champions league football, and we are tenth.

Lukaku is far too good for this current Everton team; Martinez knows us, we know it, and, unfortunately, Lukaku himself knows it too.

Only Champions League will keep him at us. Not even a poxy league cup win would keep him interested in staying at Everton.

I just hope, thanks to his excellent form and the fact that he's improved a lot, we get a nice big fat juicy transfer fee for him at the end of the season.

Seeing as Stones was bought for 3m and we rejected 35m from Chelsea for him, I think we ought to be looking easily for 60m+ for 27m Lukaku.

It's a shame, but we just ain't good enough to be able to keep him, our defence and manager is to blame.

Really can't see Lukaku going in the summer, even if we finish 10th.

I know he's beginning to prove himself now, but that's it. Despite what many want to believe: he's no world beater yet. He's appears more than happy and knows Everton is the best place for him right now, and even next season.

Leaving at the end of this season would be premature. Hopefully by then we'll have a better squad and more consistent results and a real shot a champions league qualification for the next season.

Even if he does want to leave...doesn't mean he'll go. We don't care too much for money, you see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back