Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously I want him to stay and sign a new deal but the last thing we need is a summer of indecision. Every target we have will want to know if Rom is staying could have a serious effect on the caliber of player we can attract. If Rom signs a new deal (unlikely) then it surely will make us more attractive.

The flip side as Spurs found out is clubs raise fees if you sell him early. They spunked all the ball money on absolute dross, apart from Erickson none of their purchases that summer had an effect or no longer with them (could be corrected on that).

So what I'm saying is, I don't know.

Reactions: DRM
Another 'sell to buy' transfer window in the summer isn't going to cut it with the supporters surely. We'll all be watchng this play out. But I agree that another Stones type episode followed by using 'only' those proceeds to boost the squad will be disconcerting. Hopefully it'll be a good window for all the right reasons.

Every club 'sells to buy'

It's called business.

We're going to sell Niasse, Cleverley, Deulofeu and most likely McCarthy as a minimum, and get in around £45m combined.

That £45m will buy two-three players who will improve us.

Every club 'sells to buy'

It's called business.

We're going to sell Niasse, Cleverley, Deulofeu and most likely McCarthy as a minimum, and get in around £45m combined.

That £45m will buy two-three players who will improve us.
Macca might stay (Macca /Bescic cover for Schnederlin/Gana and EL games ) but the first 3 are on the way out along with a few more Kone (free) Lennon , Funes Mori and one or 2 more.

If Everton have any brains, they'll agree the deal to sell and do the buying before the papers are signed.

Save us from getting rinsed.

It doesn't matter what we think he's worth, we go with the market value. No player is worth £1m but if Clubs want to pay silly monopoly money then who are we to argue. Of course he's not worth £100m but His goals are worth that to teams in revenue so it is just money that goes round in circles.

Because they would all be afraid of losing him to a rival.
Do you think Manure will sit around hoping the price will drop or wait till January to get him on a free Knowimg Chelsea will just pay the 60 million.
Even inthe summer of 2018 there will be a bidding war and 60 m is the minimum that will be achieved IMHO
this exactly! Also if Rom stays next year he probably will sign a new contract coz otherwise he will be losing out on a lot of money.

The clubs who are skillful at this kind of thing get an acceptable offer, then make the club wait until they've secured the replacement, and then let the player go. So if we have a replacement identified we should negotiate with that club, agree the fee, and then we can accept the bid and sell him, if that's what we have to do.

Personally I would get 2 skillful, interchangeable wide strikers to play up with him in a 3, and then sell that to him as the way forward. If he says no thanks, then fine, sell him and find a new central striker.

You're saying you'd pay £50m for a one year loan? Plus around £4m on his wages?

How do you know it's 50m ? If Belgium win the World Cup (lol) and he gets golden boot ...( he will need to if Belgium want to win any games with bobby's defending) then someone like real will come in and pay the 75m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back