Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Past worrying about it now

If he leaves, which he certainly would like to, we'll get a monster fee, possibly a world record and Walsh and Koeman get to reinvest that on top of whatever we may have been going to spend

If he doesn't leave, we get to keep the top scorer in the league and, hopefully, have a better crack at breaking into the Champions League positions next season

However it plays out, I think we're set up to have an exciting season next year.

Mate it doesn't take a journalist to know Lukaku wants out ffs he's refused a new contract, constantly talked up a move and had everyone from Drogba telling the press he's told them he wants off to a CL club.

The amount of our fans who are willing to let anything slide to stick up for him is a joke and akin to the Kopites with Suarez when he was gnashing on everyone in fear of him leaving.

Leicester won the title with players all fighting for the cause, they lost this season once the egos of the players then sat in and thought they were bigger than the manager etc. I love Rom and will be gutted when he's gone but sorry I dont want a player here next season that will be saying and doing everything to get his move next season.

Get Sigurdsson, Dembele/Lacazette, Rooney and someone like Inaki Williams in and we'll soon get over Rom with a new forward line whilst he plays for those lovable plastics and fairweather fans.

Regardless if he wants out, he's our player and if he wants a big move can't let his levels drop.

We set the price, and now we have done.

Past worrying about it now

If he leaves, which he certainly would like to, we'll get a monster fee, possibly a world record and Walsh and Koeman get to reinvest that on top of whatever we may have been going to spend

If he doesn't leave, we get to keep the top scorer in the league and, hopefully, have a better crack at breaking into the Champions League positions next season

However it plays out, I think we're set up to have an exciting season next year.

Exactly, there's no point fretting. We're in a good position.

Hopefully the first thing sorted come summer is Ross' new deal. Keep him first and foremost.

TBH if they both want to leave, then let them go. Has any good ever come from keeping a player who doesn't want to be at a club?

Don't think there's any evidence of Ross wanting to leave.

And if one of those players is the league's top-scorer then yes, you keep them unless somebody offers an exceptional fee.

Well, for starters because we are probably( i hope) going to win the league, so we are going to have CL next season, something that he is absolutely crazy for, have a WC manager in Conte, a few WC players like Hazard,Courtois,Azpilicueta and Kante, are based in London,and judging by pretty much all the reliable reporters, are going to go on a really big spending spree this summer, so maybe he wants to be a part of that?
Plus you know, he also just happens to have supported Chelsea as a club since he was a kid.
I get that you dont want to see him go, and by no means is this over, but there is plenty of reasons for him to want to join Chelsea, although there is also a few good reasons for him to stay at Everton, pretty young team, so could be poised to push on, and maybe join the "elite" of the PL, being the main man for the club, something he probably is never going to be at Chelsea with Hazard there, so there is plenty of variables on his decision.
But Matt Law has some serious inside information at Chelsea, he is pretty much the go to guy, when it comes to Chelsea, so he definitely didnt made this out of thin air, if he said that, there is in all likelihood some truth to it, but this story definitely still has quite a few twists and turns before it is concluded, but like you guys, one way or another, i hope this is over at the beggining of the summer.
Anyway, this is just my input on the situation, hope you guys dont mind.
Cheers.

Completely disagree with you there. Matt Law used to be okay, now he's just about the clicks. Every second article he wrote last year was about Stones going to Chelsea, City or United. He has no integrity what so ever.

what is interesting ( if true I might add ) was that he says he was actually due to sign the deal and had a meeting arranged then on the day he had a change of heart. That would tally up with the likes of Jim White, Joyce, Echo all claiming he was about to sign the extension.
If that's the case and he did turn the contract down so late in the day, I reckon he was personally tapped up and not even through his agent telling him not to sign.

Chelsea makes the most sense to me where I think he'll want to go to and if he does I'd add another 30m on the price tag due to then being utter muppets.

TBH if they both want to leave, then let them go. Has any good ever come from keeping a player who doesn't want to be at a club?
Suarez stayed an extra season at Liverpool after publicly stating he wanted out... in that extra season he carried them to 2nd (thank god for Slippy otherwise it would've been the title) and won the golden boot plus PFA player of the year

I would hope Everton become as ruthless as, say, when Rooney wanted to leave Man Utd for Chelsea. There was no way they were selling him, and definitely not to Chelsea. If we have ambitions to join the elite, we need the same attitude.
The player can go do one quite frankly. The club comes first. Our indication of a backbone to the football world is worth more than the money we may lose to sell him overseas I feel.
We can't keep propping up the teams above us with our best players.
If he kicks up a fuss to leave, then send him overseas if we decide to sell. In no way do we send him to Chelsea.

There appears to be no doubt that Chelsea wanted Rooney but the suggestions were that they were only willing to pay between £20 and £30 million. Rooney was on about £300k a week and could have used Webster to force his way out but the compensation payable would have been way over the money Chelsea were reported as being prepared to pay, and here's the key thing within a couple of months Rooney signed a new contract.Spooky that!

I have no doubt that Utd didn't want to loose Rooney and Rooney and his advisors knew that and would have been quite happy to state their options resulting in them achieving a new and extended bumper deal.

The key is that RL doesn't seem inclined to sign the new deal that's on offer. There is all this bravado about selling him abroad that will only happen if he wants to be sold abroad but even then I don't think there are many Eureopean clubs that could firstly afford over £50 million and certainly even fewer who will pay in excess of what either of Man Utd or Chelsea will be willing to pay.

If Chelsea are the only team that are in for him then I have absolutely no doubt that's where he will go just as I tend to believe that if they had been the only club that had wanted Stones or more likely been prepared to pay the most then that's where he would have gone.

The people running football clubs walk a tightrope trying to be business focussed but none the less having to be mindful of supporters the realty is that being Billy big ones in the press but behind closed doors I doubt they display such bravado

The £100 million figure is pie in the sky. No one is likely to go near that ok if Everton were to get that sum it would be incredible but the PR department is working overtime here and their target audience extends from suppprters to possible compensation board members but facts are facts and the sums stated being paid in his current contract and indeed those reported as having been offered in the new contract really don't reflect the sums that a £50 million player would expect let alone one who is said to be worth £100 mill

As I have said time after time getting him to sign a new contract is key. If he doesn't sign a new one I really can't see any option but to sell and that would be in the next window and sorry I fully expect that to be a club of his choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back