Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton played hard with Stones, a player who was very overated, if the media or Lukaku think we wont play even harder this summer with Rom they are in for a rude awakening.

What I dont understand is why Chelsea, why does he even want to go to them, he can have the pick, has he forgot there fans singing "Fernando Torres is better then you".
Well, for starters because we are probably( i hope) going to win the league, so we are going to have CL next season, something that he is absolutely crazy for, have a WC manager in Conte, a few WC players like Hazard,Courtois,Azpilicueta and Kante, are based in London,and judging by pretty much all the reliable reporters, are going to go on a really big spending spree this summer, so maybe he wants to be a part of that?
Plus you know, he also just happens to have supported Chelsea as a club since he was a kid.
I get that you dont want to see him go, and by no means is this over, but there is plenty of reasons for him to want to join Chelsea, although there is also a few good reasons for him to stay at Everton, pretty young team, so could be poised to push on, and maybe join the "elite" of the PL, being the main man for the club, something he probably is never going to be at Chelsea with Hazard there, so there is plenty of variables on his decision.
But Matt Law has some serious inside information at Chelsea, he is pretty much the go to guy, when it comes to Chelsea, so he definitely didnt made this out of thin air, if he said that, there is in all likelihood some truth to it, but this story definitely still has quite a few twists and turns before it is concluded, but like you guys, one way or another, i hope this is over at the beggining of the summer.
Anyway, this is just my input on the situation, hope you guys dont mind.
Cheers.

Well, for starters because we are probably( i hope) going to win the league, so we are going to have CL next season, something that he is absolutely crazy for, have a WC manager in Conte, a few WC players like Hazard,Courtois,Azpilicueta and Kante, are based in London,and judging by pretty much all the reliable reporters, are going to go on a really big spending spree this summer, so maybe he wants to be a part of that?
Plus you know, he also just happens to have supported Chelsea as a club since he was a kid.
I get that you dont want to see him go, and by no means is this over, but there is plenty of reasons for him to want to join Chelsea, although there is also a few good reasons for him to stay at Everton, pretty young team, so could be poised to push on, and maybe join the "elite" of the PL, being the main man for the club, something he probably is never going to be at Chelsea with Hazard there, so there is plenty of variables on his decision.
But Matt Law has some serious inside information at Chelsea, he is pretty much the go to guy, when it comes to Chelsea, so he definitely didnt made this out of thin air, if he said that, there is in all likelihood some truth to it, but this story definitely still has quite a few twists and turns before it is concluded, but like you guys, one way or another, i hope this is over at the beggining of the summer.
Cheers.
May I ask you mate, if he was at Chelsea, would you sell him to Man Utd or City under any circumstance? Or send him overseas for a lesser amount if he were adamant he won't play for the team?

Cheers.

But the thing is tho lukaku is an Everton player not Chelsea's. He my be on the mark with Chelsea info but he is so far removed from ever being remotely correct on an Everton story. Who at Chelsea knows what's happening with OUR player and how do they know? Has he been tapped up? If so Athen ya'll be getting had off by the premier league and FA if he has.

Any team chelsea or otherwise who are bidding for lukaku are in for a difficult summer unless they have an open cash cow.Fairly happy in the way everton conduct themselves when selling players. We are a tough crowd to do business with. It would be if we were as good when buying them.

You have to put yourself in his shoes. If Chelsea want him to replace Costa he will surely want to leave. The chance to play for the club you support, as the main striker, under an inspirational manager and playing in the Champions League with a realistic chance of winning it. None of us would turn that down. We just have to get the best price. They know, after the Stones saga, that we won't be pushed around, and Abramovic won't want to lose face. Also there is cache to them having an expensive player, so we may get £80 million.

Reactions: DRM
If Lukau wants out, get top cash and move on. It would appear that's what us as a club want to do failing an extension. I trust in Moshiri Koemen and Walsh to invest appropriately in the squad if he goes. Everton are in a far better position professionally than our contemporaries who have been in similar positions when selling their top player in the recent past. Far more important to keep Koemen in post as far as I'm concerned.

The media claiming he might have to put in a transfer request for me is akin to tapping up. Lukaku shows his arse to Chelsea and probably will put in s transfer request and people still want to keep him.

I would sell soon as they offered £85 million and him go back to being booed by the plastics whenever he has a bad/anonymous game like he does for us.

£85 million use that to bring in a new forward attacking line. We want a unit pushing for the same thing, Not this sideshow

Cheers.
Some fair points in there. Would you be happy for Chelsea to pay 100 million for him?

The media claiming he might have to put in a transfer request for me is akin to tapping up. Lukaku shows his arse to Chelsea and probably will put in s transfer request and people still want to keep him.

I would sell soon as they offered £85 million and him go back to being booed by the plastics whenever he has a bad/anonymous game like he does for us.

£85 million use that to bring in a new forward attacking line. We want a unit pushing for the same thing, Not this sideshow

You're basing what you're saying on a rumour article by Matt Law.

The man who 'guaranteed' us all that Stones was basically already living in London a few hours before he started against Barnsley in the League Cup.

He's clueless as to what is happening as he's a Chelsea mouth-piece in the media. All of his stories relating them come from them and are leaked by 'insiders'.

If they want him, we've set the asking price. World-record fee. If not, f off.

You're basing what you're saying on a rumour article by Matt Law.

The man who 'guaranteed' us all that Stones was basically already living in London a few hours before he started against Barnsley in the League Cup.

He's clueless as to what is happening as he's a Chelsea mouth-piece in the media. All of his stories relating them come from them and are leaked by 'insiders'.

If they want him, we've set the asking price. World-record fee. If not, f off.

Mate it doesn't take a journalist to know Lukaku wants out ffs he's refused a new contract, constantly talked up a move and had everyone from Drogba telling the press he's told them he wants off to a CL club.

The amount of our fans who are willing to let anything slide to stick up for him is a joke and akin to the Kopites with Suarez when he was gnashing on everyone in fear of him leaving.

Leicester won the title with players all fighting for the cause, they lost this season once the egos of the players then sat in and thought they were bigger than the manager etc. I love Rom and will be gutted when he's gone but sorry I dont want a player here next season that will be saying and doing everything to get his move next season.

Get Sigurdsson, Dembele/Lacazette, Rooney and someone like Inaki Williams in and we'll soon get over Rom with a new forward line whilst he plays for those lovable plastics and fairweather fans.

Cheers.

Decent post and not having a go at you here lad.

From someone who works in the media, Matt Law pedals a lot of tosh. The only club he gets any info from is Chelsea and it's basically just when Chelsea want something doing (i.e. trying to add pressure to the Stones deal, for example).

Everton play hardball. In this case, it doesn't matter if the player doesn't like it, as he's got a 2 year deal and knows that if he wishes to get his move either now or further down the line, he has to keep up his standards.

We've very publicly put out the word that it's a world-record fee or no deal. Whether you or I or Matt Law think he's worth it is irrelevant, Lukaku is Everton's player and the stats evidently back-up their position on this.

You're very much right that Rom will probably be drawn to Chelsea. Why Conte would want him to play a Costa-esque role is a mystery to me though as Rom isn't that type of player, and I don't think he ever will be.

If Chelsea or anyone else that Rom would like to go to are willing to stump up the money, then sound, he'll probably go this summer. But the underhand tactics of getting their lil bish in the London-based media to try anything are ridiculous and show that both parties down there haven't learned.

Law has also been pedalling the Dier to Utd story for weeks, even though there's no chance Spurs are letting the lad leave for under £50m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back