Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its you, Dave.
I was just highlighting that Koeman was not taking the line that other club's should back off. Rather, he was pointing them the way to the board's door. Which tells us all we need to know really.

Lukaku is determined to sow this one up before the important pre-WC season begins.

Dembele is not proven
Let's be honest a couple of good games in Europe and Celtic romped the league so much it's embarrassing
Michy is again unproven and hasn't impressed against lower league opposition when picked
He may be the next Lukaku but we would need a proven goal scorer if Rom goes.
I think Conte will pick his own players and with winning the league he will have a strong hand to play with Roman
True, he is not proven, but from what i've seen of him, he has a lot of talent and goals on him, maybe he is not ready to be your main striker right away, but for 30M, i think he is a gamble worth taking, besides, if you guys do sell Lukaku you will be loaded with cash, so that would give you some breathing room for gambles like him, although i am positive that he would be a hit.
True, Michy hasnt impressed against lower level opposition, but that is more due to his lack of playing time IMO, he was excelent at Marseille, he didnt just forgot how to play, he is just rusty, give him a run out and he would succeed IMO.
On Conte, it looks like him and Abramovich have an excelent relationship, and both of them want to seriously challenge on the CL next season, it looks like our main target is Sanchez, but i personally dont see Arse selling to us, even though it looks like he wants to stay in London, so i think we will end up signing Bernardo Silva to play on the opposite flank of Hazard, which must be quite frankly, terrifying for the opposite teams, exciting times ahead for both of us!

Costa is 100% leaving this summer, so playing second fiddle wont be a problem
Chelsea wont sell Hazard and will resist ANY bid for him according to well, pretty much all the reliable reporters, and Hazard himself doesn't seem to fancy going to Madrid too much, so i don't think there will be a problem.
What you are saying is true though, Conte is a known admirer of Morata, but it looks like Emenalo has his eyes set on Lukaku, so i hope there wont be any tensions regarding transfers between those two.
I think that a lot will come down to what Lukaku wants, if he absolutely insists on leaving i don't think that keeping him would be a very smart move, but you guys would need to get a replacement in before selling him IMO.
The way i see it, there is a ready made replacement for Lukaku in Mousa Dembele, or even, who knows, maybe our own Michy Batshuayi, who is a very good player, but never really had a chance. Do you guys fancy him?
I think the media underestimate Everton under Moshiri*cough* Usmanov.
If we decide he`s staying then thats the end of the matter for next season anyway.
Tbh I dont like the patronising way you say we should go for Dembele or even Batshuayi....
Why dont Chelsea go for Dembele if he`s similar to Lukaku? Or even keep Batshuayi?
This is a different animal you`re dealing with now,the plucky little Everton no longer exists.
Hop along to the Celtic fan site and pally up with them

I think the media underestimate Everton under Moshiri*cough* Usmanov.
If we decide he`s staying then thats the end of the matter for next season anyway.
Tbh I dont like the patronising way you say we should go for Dembele or even Batshuayi....
Why dont Chelsea go for Dembele if he`s similar to Lukaku? Or even keep Batshuayi?
This is a different animal you`re dealing with now,the plucky little Everton no longer exists.
Hop along to the Celtic fan site and pally up with them
I never said that he is similar to Lukaku, i just said that i think he would fit in well at Everton, plus, we actually made a 30M pound bid for him in January ;) , so im talking about a player that our board considered that would be good enough to pay for us. Michy just doesnt fit here, nothing wrong with that.
If Lukaku had more than 2 years on his contract, i would say that you guys hold all the cards in your hands, but with only 2 years on his current deal( yes, only), you guys are running the risk of keeping a player against his will AND, potentially lose quite a bit of money on transfer fees due to the player having only a year on his deal, so thats a tricky situation to be in, kinda like Arsenal and Sanchez

Costa is 100% leaving this summer, so playing second fiddle wont be a problem
Chelsea wont sell Hazard and will resist ANY bid for him according to well, pretty much all the reliable reporters, and Hazard himself doesn't seem to fancy going to Madrid too much, so i don't think there will be a problem.

If RM really want Hazard he'll go. Real Madrid (and Barcelona) always get what they want. How I understand it; Hazard is quite open to a transfer to RM - see his latest interview in which he states that he personally has ambitions for other clubs but that he has a contract until 2020 and that he'll do his best until then.

It all depends on what Real want.

If RM really want Hazard he'll go. Real Madrid (and Barcelona) always get what they want. How I understand it; Hazard is quite open to a transfer to RM - see his latest interview in which he states that he personally has ambitions for other clubs but that he has a contract until 2020 and that he'll do his best until then.

Bang on mate
Very few players can refuse Madrid or Barca

I never said that he is similar to Lukaku, i just said that i think he would fit in well at Everton, plus, we actually made a 30M pound bid for him in January ;) , so im talking about a player that our board considered that would be good enough to pay for us. Michy just doesnt fit here, nothing wrong with that.
If Lukaku had more than 2 years on his contract, i would say that you guys hold all the cards in your hands, but with only 2 years on his current deal( yes, only), you guys are running the risk of keeping a player against his will AND, potentially lose quite a bit of money on transfer fees due to the player having only a year on his deal, so thats a tricky situation to be in, kinda like Arsenal and Sanchez
We hold all the cards full stop....he`s our player.
Remember Stones?? and that was before our new owner/s came along.The reason we let Stones go was because of an agreement he had with Martinez and Moshiri honoured it.
Also when has Lukaku come out and said he wants to move anyway?
The only thing he`s said is "I`m not signing THAT contract
If and its a big if he wants to move then he will probably have to hand a transfer request in.
In the meantime Everton have allegedly put a 100m price tag on him.
Personally I think Everton should keep him even if he doesn't sign a new contract and go for Hazard,I think he`d fit nicely into what we are trying to achieve here.We could even do a part ex including Lennon for you;)

Thanks

Not really, Hazard probably has ambitions to play in other clubs, hell, Lampard once wanted to go to Inter Milan, but that doesnt mean that he will go or even push for it, as he is happy at Chelsea and his family is very settled in London
After the Crystal palace game he gave an interview to a Belgian journalist called Claude Atcheba , where he asked him about the Madrid interest, and Hazard said that he wouldnt go as he was happy here, had a contract until 2020, the usual stuff, but here is what the guys that was interviewing him commented after the interview:" When my interview was finished I asked him off the record. Seriously, why you don't go to Madrid. You won the Premier league, best player of the season. What do you have to win here? He said no stop I'm not interested.... So I do believe he will stick to Chelsea."
So there you go, neither he nor Chelsea are interested in a transfer, besides, when have we ever been forced to sell a player we wanted to keep since robben, who had quite a few injury problems over 10 years ago? Never, so thats not happening.
Also, this Madrid always get what they want is pure BS, De gea is still at MU isnt he, and they are trying to sign Aguero from City since god knows when, and he is still there, the CL clubs in England have more than enough power to stop players going to Madrid.

We hold all the cards full stop....he`s our player.
Remember Stones?? and that was before our new owner/s came along.The reason we let Stones go was because of an agreement he had with Martinez and Moshiri honoured it.
Also when has Lukaku come out and said he wants to move anyway?
The only thing he`s said is "I`m not signing THAT contract
If and its a big if he wants to move then he will probably have to hand a transfer request in.
In the meantime Everton have allegedly put a 100m price tag on him.
Personally I think Everton should keep him even if he doesn't sign a new contract and go for Hazard,I think he`d fit nicely into what we are trying to achieve here.We could even do a part ex including Lennon for you;)
Didnt Stones had over 3 years on his contract? thats a big difference.
Also, i think you are clutching at straws a little bit on the Lukaku situation, its quite clear that he wont sign a new contract i think, he may not go this summer or even go to Chelsea, but i very much doubt that he will sign a new contract. Not because you guys are not good enough or anything, maybe he just wants a change.

Thanks

Not really, Hazard probably has ambitions to play in other clubs, hell, Lampard once wanted to go to Inter Milan, but that doesnt mean that he will go or even push for it, as he is happy at Chelsea and his family is very settled in London
After the Crystal palace game he gave an interview to a Belgian journalist called Claude Atcheba , where he asked him about the Madrid interest, and Hazard said that he wouldnt go as he was happy here, had a contract until 2020, the usual stuff, but here is what the guys that was interviewing him commented after the interview:" When my interview was finished I asked him off the record. Seriously, why you don't go to Madrid. You won the Premier league, best player of the season. What do you have to win here? He said no stop I'm not interested.... So I do believe he will stick to Chelsea."
So there you go, neither he nor Chelsea are interested in a transfer, besides, when have we ever been forced to sell a player we wanted to keep since robben, who had quite a few injury problems over 10 years ago? Never, so thats not happening.
Also, this Madrid always get what they want is pure BS, De gea is still at MU isnt he, and they are trying to sign Aguero from City since god knows when, and he is still there, the CL clubs in England have more than enough power to stop players going to Madrid.

De Gea had signed and all was agreed and the paperwork never arrived in time.
City with the Arab money are a law onto themselves and Aguero never wanted to go

Conventional wisdom says you can't let a player like this run his contract down and get nothing for him in 2 years. But if you're not hard up for cash (as we aren't anymore), a smart fella like Moshiri has to ask himself "Is Lukaku worth more than 100 million to Everton over the next two years? Because if so, you keep him and let the contract run down. Everton with Lukaku have to be considered as in the running for top 4 next year based on our form in 2017. I don't have the latest figures but how much is that worth to the club even if he goes for free in 2019?

Would you rather have Lukaku in the side or 100 million cash that you won't be able to use on a like for like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back