Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not the truth though, the chinese havent signed a single european player that was at the peak of his power or considered amongst the best in the world, they just overpayed for mediocre players like Oscar and Jackson Martinez, because while money is good, for alot of players its not everything.
You are right, we arent on the same level of those teams( yet) but we aspire to be, thats why we are going to spend a [Poor language removed] load of money this summer.
Also, Barcelona is in a bit of a financial crisis and Bayern is one of the most financially stable clubs in the world with a very consolidated wage structure, so they wont break the bank, or go into a bidding war for anyone, they prefer to get their deals done quickly and if possible, they want German player, hence the probable signing of Julian Brandt.
So no, they might want our best players, but they cant have them, simply because we wont sell, and alot of those clubs cant afford them( although players like Hazard have no price).

Both Sanchez and Costa have cried like little girls because they couldn't get their moves to China.

Barca are alleged to need to sell one of their front 3 to ease the financial troubles, plus with Messi bleeding them dry like the absolute stain that he is, although they could sell 2 or 3 fringe players for the same as theyd get for Neymar and bring some youth through (Deulofeu??)

As for Bayern I was simply stating they are bigger and better than you. And as for not selling? if a player wants out then they leave - we will see it with Lukaku and you will see it with Costa and maybe Hazard.

Players have all the power these days.

I've never really noticed just how argumentative I am. No wonder the wife hates me.

Chelsea fans mate, have had a succesfull 15 years and they think they are the only peeps who have won anything. We haven't won anything since 95 and we still have a better haul than them, they forget this though so of course you're going to argue.

Chelsea fans mate, have had a succesfull 15 years and they think they are the only peeps whgo have won anything. We haven't won anything since 95 and we still have a better haul than them, they forget this though so of course you're going to argue.

I have 2 work for me mate, however they know football started before 1992.

Both Sanchez and Costa have cried like little girls because they couldn't get their moves to China.

Barca are alleged to need to sell one of their front 3 to ease the financial troubles, plus with Messi bleeding them dry like the absolute stain that he is, although they could sell 2 or 3 fringe players for the same as theyd get for Neymar and bring some youth through (Deulofeu??)

As for Bayern I was simply stating they are bigger and better than you. And as for not selling? if a player wants out then they leave - we will see it with Lukaku and you will see it with Costa and maybe Hazard.

Players have all the power these days.
Sanchez? not really. Costa? Absolutely.
But i dont really get it, i never stated that we were bigger or even better than Bayern, i merely stated that we are able to keep our best players should we want to. Also, as yourself said, Costa created hell inside the club to leave for China, and yet, he didnt, because even though they offered us alot more than he is worth, it wasnt benefical sporting wise to sell him due to us being in the middle of a title race, so as you can see, its not always that a player gets what he wants, specially when its a club like Chelsea.
I think that Eden will only leave if he REALLY pushes it and Madrid offers us something absurd, and im not talking 100M absurd, i am talking 200M absurd, and this is a club that was priced out of Pogba, who is not even half as good as Hazard, but has alot of Marketing appeal which is something that Madrid loves.
But the thing is, Hazard is not the kind of guy to kick up a fuss if he wants to leave, he is too laid back to do it, he looks perfectly happy where he is, and by the looks of it so is his family, so i really dont think there will be an issue here.
As for Lukaku, i cant really comment, but i think that judging by Koeman's comments, you guys could be willing to listen to offers if he makes it clear that he wants to leave, but who knows whats gonna happen

Could very well be true, it looks like the relationship between us is already sour as it is, so if Chelsea truly wants him, they will need to put in a bid good enough to get him on the first try to try to avoid low balling Everton.
But i could definitely see this transfer reach irrational amounts and if Everton start to be too tough to handle, i expect us to look elsewhere.
As for your 90M figure, he is proabably not worth that, but alas, such is the market these days

as they always say mate, a player is worth what someone is willing to pay. I think you'll need to stump up 100m and I'm sure you'll have the cash once Costa has been sold.

Sanchez? not really. Costa? Absolutely.
But i dont really get it, i never stated that we were bigger or even better than Bayern, i merely stated that we are able to keep our best players should we want to. Also, as yourself said, Costa created hell inside the club to leave for China, and yet, he didnt, because even though they offered us alot more than he is worth, it wasnt benefical sporting wise to sell him due to us being in the middle of a title race, so as you can see, its not always that a player gets what he wants, specially when its a club like Chelsea.
I think that Eden will only leave if he REALLY pushes it and Madrid offers us something absurd, and im not talking 100M absurd, i am talking 200M absurd, and this is a club that was priced out of Pogba, who is not even half as good as Hazard, but has alot of Marketing appeal which is something that Madrid loves.
But the thing is, Hazard is not the kind of guy to kick up a fuss if he wants to leave, he is too laid back to do it, he looks perfectly happy where he is, and by the looks of it so is his family, so i really dont think there will be an issue here.
As for Lukaku, i cant really comment, but i think that judging by Koeman's comments, you guys could be willing to listen to offers if he makes it clear that he wants to leave, but who knows whats gonna happen

At the risk of an infraction...[Poor language removed] off you monumental bellend.

as they always say mate, a player is worth what someone is willing to pay. I think you'll need to stump up 100m and I'm sure you'll have the cash once Costa has been sold.
I think you guys may very well say 100M or eff off, which is fair, whether we will pay or not is another matter, but i dont think that this figure will really put us off if we get money from the Costa sale, but as you said, its all hypothetical now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back