Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he didn't fluff his shot after that small burst of pace and strength into the box...

Nevertheless, felt Rom started well and was making a nuisance of himself in regards to winning headers and battling for the ball.

As the game wore on he became pants though and the usual, glaring, lack of first touch and under/over hitting passes returned.

On to the next game

Don't call people morons
Can't understand why people dislike him on a personal level, he's always been great with fans especially kids

It tends to be a litmus test for the biggest forum morons.

The same people going in two-footed in the match thread on Barkley after 15 mins.

We had one clown last home match slating Lukaku and Barkley at half time in the match thread .. they then both scored second half.

Pathetic stuff.
Chelsea won he must be happy.

There we go, the moron test alarm is definitely working

No I highly doubt he'd have been happy, it's not like he's getting a winner's medal.

Exactly. He's a professional who has scored 24 goals in a season for a pretty average iteration of an Everton side. Only someone with a complete brain vacuum would suggest he was happy about losing.

That's part of the problem though, he's very reliant on service...very good service. He had the ball out wide numerous times and did nowt with it. One on one with a defender he's pretty hopeless. He's very leggy with a bulky frame and takes forever to build up speed, and also doesn't seem to have any notable technique/trick. He's not a nuisance for defenders as he's quiet when he doesn't score. Vardy is a far more complete forward who runs defenders ragged.

Lukaku is an excellent finisher, but unless everything is geared towards him (regardless of how it effects the rest of the team) he struggles. Balls into the box (either on the floor or in the air) he's good at getting on the end off. That big bulky presence helps him. But outfield? Largely anonymous. He would need to be quicker over five yards, more nimble with his touch. Everything is slow and ponderous and the play doesn't flow with him. He's essentially a target man with great finishing ability, but that is way short of being a top forward. I don't see Chelsea after him as he lacks the movement and technique to compliment others. Drogba and Costa had both attributes.

he was much better than Costa, mate.

Everytime when he's on the ball he's a danger.

Will be gutted when he leaves.

I don't understand why some of our fans can't see that. Some are complaining about his finishing today. He's had to create whatever chance he got himself. What he did in the first half when he held off Luiz and shot with his right foot was just great.

Lad who works as stadium security said Lukaku went back to the Everton changing room then about two minutes later went by himself into the Chelsea dressing room and gave them all a clap. Erwin Koeman clocked it and wasn't too happy.

Got his shirt signed by everyone except costa because Diego is not happy about Rom stealing his position next year

Might as well as dropped his kecks and let the Chelsea lads take turns at full time. Utter disgrace with the brown nosing. I'd give him a kicking if I played with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back