Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be anything really. He could have basically asked him again if he'll sign a new contract and he said no again. I'm guessing he's waiting until the interview airs so that will normally be around 20.30 or such.

Happy though that his move to attract new followers isn't working.
Haha yeah, it was a bit of click baiting also!

He's approaching legendary status and yet he's still marmite with many fans including myself. I love him when he's scoring goals but he irritates the hell out of me with his general play.

I guess I shouldn't watch the Duncan Ferguson montage in the Winslow before each home match. Big Dunc shows how a proper centre forward should be. Brace as a lion, sticks his head in where it hurts and actually wins balls in the air!!

I'd be sad to see Lukaku go, as I was when Stones left. But onwards and upwards. Let's make hay while the sun shines.

If it comes out that he's been going on about a move to Chelsea or something similar, after today, then he is a massive bell. Will show a total lack of respect for the club that gave him the platform to be the player he is. Chelsea got rid of him and never gave him a chance, now he's busting to get back seemingly, but sure football is fickle.

Not bothered. We need committed players to really push on. Kane at Spurs loves his club and they are reaping the rewards. You need to want to run through a brick wall for the club.

If you don't want to play for Everton or think that there is better then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Not bothered. We need committed players to really push on. Kane at Spurs loves his club and they are reaping the rewards. You need to want to run through a brick wall for the club.

If you don't want to play for Everton or think that there is better then don't let the door hit you on the way out.
We will miss his goals though, that's definitely the biggest concern here. Although I agree completely, his attitude has been stinking and no doubt it's wearing off on others in the team

if only Chelsea came in for him next season ( which personally I don't think will be the case) and if the offer was 28m then Everton wouldn't sell 100% and would let him leave on a free.

With 1 year remaining he would still be worth 40-50m.

For what it's worth, anyone looking to bid close to 100m then I'm more than happy for him to leave as he has categorically said he doesn't want to sign a new deal. I take that as him wanting to go somewhere else so happy for him to be sold for the highest amount possible.

Hopefully he does the business today and the remaining few games
Not sure we'd hold him until the end of his contract and let him go for a free. But I get what you're saying about stil getting a decent fee even with only 1 year left. My example about a supposed transfer fee for Keane refers. Thats what I'd want the club to try for. But, its business at the end of the day and I think he'll go this summer.

The only 'bad news' possible in relation to Lukaku now is if we sell him for under around £80m.

If he signs a contract or goes for over £80m, that's good news either way.
Who do you think is going to pay over 80mill for him mate.

Who do you think is going to pay over 80mill for him mate.

Whoever expects to have his services next year.

If not, he's here.

Heard he's handed in a transfer request btw, although how that works outside a transfer window is beyond me, so might be a pile of... stuff.

We will miss his goals though, that's definitely the biggest concern here. Although I agree completely, his attitude has been stinking and no doubt it's wearing off on others in the team

Of course we will miss his goals but he has yet to prove to me that he is a difference maker in the very biggest games.

He had a great game in the quarter final last year. He followed that up with a Brett Angell level performance at Wembley.
He can score braces at home for fun against fodder, yet is often anonymous against the top 6 or away from home, (1 goal in 2017).

Cahill and Ferguson scored winning goals at tough away grounds. Never as prolific but difference makers.

I don't want to lose Rom. But at the same time I don't want an uncommitted player who thinks he is better than Everton. No player is. It is an honour to play for this club. Players who are 100% behind that statement will carry us to glory.

Whoever expects to have his services next year.

If not, he's here.

Heard he's handed in a transfer request btw, although how that works outside a transfer window is beyond me, so might be a pile of... stuff.
I think he's gone in the summer but I think it will be around the 60mill Mark.

It's going to be sickening to see him play for Chelsea next season

I understand why he wants back there like, he's a Chelsea fan and he feels he has unfinished business, but man, those fans treated him like dirt when he left. They chanted "Chelsea Reject" at him and everything, and now he's going to gleefully go back and they're going to smugly welcome him back into the fold

It really is a kick in the knackers for us, who believed in him when they didn't and backed him when they were taunting him

I know it's stupid to expect loyalty from a player, and I've been expecting Rom to go for a while, but they'll be unbearable with their goading and smugness when he walks out at Goodison with a Chelsea shirt on. I wish he was committed to the project here but the timing just hasn't worked out, and we're not along enough to make him want to stay

Two accursed wasted seasons where we should have kicked on but didn't and a season here where we steadied but needed more. Had we done better, he might see us as a more viable option. As it is, Chelsea are just so much better than we are and he already likes them to begin with, there's just no contest

Oh well, life goes on I suppose and there'll still be an Everton long after Romelu Lukaku hangs up his boots, but it would have been brilliant if we'd been able to hang onto him and he'd gone on to legendary status here as part of an all-time successful side

We need to get the right price and hope the money is spent well. He'll be irreplaceable, but hopefully we can come out of it as a stronger side even if we can't find anyone that matches him as an individual

This summer is possibly the biggest in our modern history, let's hope we do the business we need to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back