Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only mate. As said before, we've got the poorest billionaire in the world. There'll be no substantial spending.
I think this next transfer window will show us. Last summer was all a bit disappointing. January window is never really a true barometer. But this summer.... this is the one. If you're proved right, I'll be gutted because it'll mean we haven't sufficiently invested in the 1st Team.

Lukaku can't play up top on his own as he is just not good enough. At the moment we are his level and he should be grateful with us. When the ball went to him during the first half he lost it, Koeman got out of his seat and had a go and wrote something down. Lukaku came out the second half with a better attitude,but it still couldn't' hide his inability to hold the ball up.

Yep I suspect this is how things are going to pan out.

I personally believe that any spending will be funded by way of sells plus around £20 million from normal income and maybe the odd million or so from the board.
That's it. Same old same old.

I think this next transfer window will show us. Last summer was all a bit disappointing. January window is never really a true barometer. But this summer.... this is the one. If you're proved right, I'll be gutted because it'll mean we haven't sufficiently invested in the 1st Team.
Lukaku and possibly Barkley money and that'll be recycled.

There wont be any big net spend under "the Mosh". Another phoney in the boardroom.

There wont be any big net spend under "the Mosh". Another phoney in the boardroom.
Recycling of big sales isn't what I want to see this time round. Otherwise, as you forecast, nothing has changed. But I am half expecting it.
I know this is all part of the incomings and outgoings in a transfer window strategy, but still, I'm hopeful there will be a decent 'net spend' this time round. Its the tiny bit optimism I have left in this regard.

Recycling of big sales isn't what I want to see this time round. Otherwise, as you forecast, nothing has changed. But I am half expecting it.
I know this is all part of the incomings and outgoings in a transfer window strategy, but still, I'm hopeful there will be a decent 'net spend' this time round. Its the tiny bit optimism I have left in this regard.
There's some people trying to peddle the myth that it;s not all about net spend...IT IS.

WTF point is it having this feller here with his "billions" if we just recycle player sales and use tv cash?

A phoney owner...and that'll be underlined this summer.

There's some people trying to peddle the myth that it;s not all about net spend...IT IS.

WTF point is it having this feller here with his "billions" if we just recycle player sales and use tv cash?

Like I said, I hope you're wrong. But I'm not confident on that!

Lukaku can't play up top on his own as he is just not good enough. At the moment we are his level and he should be grateful with us. When the ball went to him during the first half he lost it, Koeman got out of his seat and had a go and wrote something down. Lukaku came out the second half with a better attitude,but it still couldn't' hide his inability to hold the ball up.

See this is where I just don't get it. RL skills are as they are . He scores goals a plenty and with the right players supplying him he would score a shed load more. Goals win football matches.
The current midfielders at Everton are solid enough they are workman like but are they able to play consistently the killer pass or come to that are they even able to see that pass? They play bread and butter or percentage balls well but it's the inability to go to the next level and because of that flaw they don't assist RL to the next level.

See this is where I just don't get it. RL skills are as they are . He scores goals a plenty and with the right players supplying him he would score a shed load more. Goals win football matches.
The current midfielders at Everton are solid enough they are workman like but are they able to play consistently the killer pass or come to that are they even able to see that pass? They play bread and butter or percentage balls well but it's the inability to go to the next level and because of that flaw they don't assist RL to the next level.
And when they pass to Lukaku and he can't control the football, he will not score, when the players cross the ball and he can't judge the flight so can't get his head on it or when his movement in the box is non existent so is easily marked or can't gauge the cross he will not score. This is the best he will get unless he works on his failings and if he leaves and goes to a CL team and doesn't' t work on his game he will be benched. The way we play at the moment he is a liability when we play away from home.

'Golf with Boudewjin 9 am'

So Ian Wright is saying Lukaku will leave and points to the poor service he gets, he states he could of had another 10-12 goals with decent service. Totally agree.

True, but our creativity is lacking Bolasie ie out Ross and Mirallas are inconsistent.It's a true statement but in these games he needs to show more and improve his hold up play.But he's probably offski.

That's it. Same old same old.

Like I said, I hope you're wrong. But I'm not confident on that!

Forgive me for a feeble old man moment, but I though this was the Lukaku thread ?

Not much in the way of service today ( not his fault btw ), but, until the last twenty minutes or so he didn't look desperately interested in trying to make anything happen ?

He's a very good player, but he needs to push on over the next couple of years if he wants to perform successfully at a very high level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back