Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
And when they pass to Lukaku and he can't control the football, he will not score, when the players cross the ball and he can't judge the flight so can't get his head on it or when his movement in the box is non existent so is easily marked or can't gauge the cross he will not score. This is the best he will get unless he works on his failings and if he leaves and goes to a CL team and doesn't' t work on his game he will be benched. The way we play at the moment he is a liability when we play away from home.

His strengths are what they are as are his weakness. All I know is that top midfield players would be looking to play balls to him that took advantage of those strengths not trying to expose to any supposed weakness.
I don't think anyone would say he is the finished product so I find it a contradiction when so many suggest any fee would be north of say £50 million
As for working on his failings then yes players need to work and work on their game but for me half the problem is that at Everton from day one he has been put on a pedestal whereas at a CL type of club he would possibly be a notch or two down the star pecking order and would have to step up in terms of consistency for if he doesn't another expensive hungry player is waiting for that opportunity whereas at Everton he knows that Kone is waiting for that chance.

Just doing a bit of digging on the difference that Lukaku's goals have made this season.

His goals have only altered the result in five games:-

Sunderland v Everton 0-3 becomes 0-0
Everton v Crystal Palace 1-1 becomes 1-0
Man City v Everton 1-1 becomes 1-0
Everton v Bournemouth 6-3 becomes 2-3
Everton v Leicester 4-2 becomes 2-2

His goals have brought in 9 points. We would still be 7th anyway - by 4 points, with 2 games left. This is not factoring in that someone else would be playing up front in his place.

We can't say for definite, but I reckon it would be fair to say that we would have beaten Bournemouth and Sunderland anyway. This gives us back 5 points. Making his contribution 4 points to our season.

It's not that he doesn't turn up in the big matches. He just doesn't up in the tough ones.

Just doing a bit of digging on the difference that Lukaku's goals have made this season.

His goals have brought in 9 points. We would still be 7th anyway - by 4 points, with 2 games left. This is not factoring in that someone else would be playing up front in his place.

We can't say for definite, but I reckon it would be fair to say that we would have beaten Bournemouth and Sunderland anyway. This gives us back 5 points. Making his contribution 4 points to our season.

It's not that he doesn't turn up in the big matches. He just doesn't up in the tough ones.

Stupid argument. If it's 1-0 to us and he scores to make it 2-0 then you wouldn't count it as a game changing goal but it clearly is because it kills the game.

He was poor yesterday but they all were AGAIN. Not going to criticise him too much when none of them are putting a shift in.

Considering he's responsible for about 50% of our goals it's hard to say that he's only won us 9 points.

He's the league's top goalscorer lol

Interesting to see that he only seems to score when we're already winning.

So he has only won us 5 games. Let's sell this joker.

Goodness gracious! Have a lie in mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back